Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Outdoor Education Instructor/Naturalist
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Thursday, September 1, 2016, 12:00am
Sewee Coastal Retreat Center, Awendaw, SC
Exploration Sewee works with students from 2nd to 8th grade and instruct day and night programming about natural resources and marine ecology. We also facilitate team initiatives and games. Instructors will regularly teach all marine science and natural resource components of the core curriculum and create and master lesson plans for six marine science classes including marine life, salt marsh and barrier island beach studies. BA or BS in Environmental Education, Natural Sciences, Geology, Education, Marine Biology or related field is preferred.
- Regularly teach at least two curriculum components in the field study programs
- Lead students in daily program activities (wake-up, flagpole, meals, canteen, and campfire).
- Be actively involved in all program activities, leading and participating in evening recreational and instructional times as scheduled.
- Assist with routine clean up and set up of program areas.
- Perform direct supervision of children while involved with activities.
- Facilitate groups utilizing adventure activities.
- BA or BS in Environmental Education, Natural Sciences, Forestry, Geology, Education
- Must have the patience, understanding, flexibility, and a lot of energy.
- Must demonstrate teaching skills and the ability to implement creative “hands on” teaching methods.
- Must be willing to sacrifice, adapt and work hard as part of a team pursuing an objective.
- Must be physically able to perform the tasks required to teach outdoors.
- Must be willing to work long hours.
Twice a month pay of $550-$600 plus room, board, and a sickness/accidental insurance plan.
How to Apply:
Contact: Send resumes with 3 references to Candice Heatherly at email@example.com