Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Website:Peacock Family Services
The Nature Nuts program seeks qualified candidates who enjoy children, have a passion for play, and love using the natural world to facilitate emergent outdoor education. The instructor is responsible for enacting curriculum and ensuring participant safety while co-leading groups of 5-10 children on outdoor experiences throughout the year. Activities may include hiking, tide pooling, den building, foraging, crafts, and group games. The Instructor is responsible for transporting children in a 12 passenger van, developing lesson plans, organizing and cleaning gear, and snack preparation.
This role needs someone who can promote a physically and emotionally safe environment while taking children outdoors. An exceptional instructor can accurately assess the needs of a group of children; quickly implement structured games/activities; provide problem-solving and self-care skills for children to practice; and communicate well with children, parents, and colleagues. Added consideration will be given to candidates who have experience leading groups of this age group in outdoor programming.
A Nature Nuts Instructor must have the following on or before start date:
- BS/BA/MA in Education, Science, Recreation, or related field, or working toward a degree
- Experience working with children in an outdoor environment
- Enjoy interacting with children, have a flexible attitude, and a love of nature
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- First aid and CPR certification (WFR or WFA preferred)
- Washington State Food Handlers Permit
- Background check
- Negative TB test
- Able to carry up to 40lbs, walk through rugged terrain, and work in all types of weather
- Basic knowledge of Pacific Northwest flora and fauna a plus
Position Start Date:
Monday, September 12, 2016
How to Apply:
Email a letter of interest and resume to Jenni Hensley at NatureNutsBainbridge@gmail.com
For more information, please visit PeacockFamilyCenter.org/about/employment
This is an hourly position based on education and experience, usually $12-$14 per hour.