Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Website:YMCA Hayo-Went-Ha Camps
YMCA Hayo-Went-Ha Camps Outdoor Education program aims to cultivate a passion for nature and environmental sustainability in our students, while also helping to develop their self esteem, responsibility, leadership and teamwork skills. We believe the challenges of outdoor education and adventure provide some of the best environments for physical, social, and emotional skill development.
We teach 90 minute classes on topics such as forest, animal, and aquatic ecology, survival and earth education. We focus on personal growth on our high ropes course, climbing tower, zipline, and in our team building classes. We value the importance of teaching current events in our curriculum, such as climate change, and our classes correspond to the State of Michigan standards. We have 640 acres of classroom, and a mile of shoreline to explore!
Ideal Candidates: We are looking for outdoor enthusiasts who, first and foremost, are people of good character and integrity. We are looking for people who wish to engage students and adults alike in learning outside the classroom, and who have a general interest and enthusiasm for working with children. You will serve as a role model, and inspire personal growth and an appreciation for our natural surroundings.
- The majority of our staff have or are pursuing a college education, however a bachelor’s degree is not required.
- Typical majors include: Environmental Science, Outdoor Recreation, Education, or Psychology.
- Applicants are evaluated for formal experience with children, as well as wilderness or other outdoor related experiences.
- Applicants must have a desire to work in the outdoors with all age groups
- Applicants must exhibit creative problem solving and flexibility, as well as a willingness to learn and have fun
- Certifications in Lifeguarding, CPR, and WFR are not required, but are advantages
- Our pay starts at $50/day plus room and board (can increase depending upon experience).
- Live, play and work in the great outdoors! We have endless miles of hiking, and live on one of the most beautiful lakes in the world!
- Gain new friends from all over the world when you become part of our international community
- All meals provided for you
- Save money as a result of having very few expenses
- Seasonal outdoor “pro-deal” discounts
- Experience new parts of the country, and go on wilderness adventures through our summer program!
Position Start Date:
Monday, March 20, 2017
How to Apply:
Applications are currently being accepted! We are looking to hire for a March 20 start date. Our season runs until June 6, however there is potential for continued employment through our residential adventure camp (June-August), and into our fall programming (Late August-December).
If you're interested in working with us, please fill out our employee application: https://ymcahayowentha.campbrainstaff.com/