Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Wednesday, March 25, 2020, 11:45pm
The St. Croix River Association (SCRA) is the voice of the river and the only conservation organization with a watershed-wide scope in the St. Croix River basin. As the friends group for the St. Croix National Scenic Riverway (Riverway), we support and complement the National Park Service’s work within the Riverway. Our focus is to increase people’s awareness and appreciation of the River, and protect the rich natural and cultural resources of the Riverway.
The primary role of the Outdoor Educator is to manage the Rivers Are Alive K-12 program, in collaboration with the Riverway and other partners. They will work in a variety of environments, including our national park both on land and water, in classrooms, and in other venues for a wide variety of audiences varying in ages from pre-K to adults. Some program development responsibilities, especially curriculum writing and revision, are also required. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with a fun team of professionals dedicated to achieving the mission of SCRA and the Riverway, including SCRA and National Park Service staff, and many other partners.
- Develop curriculum, deliver student-centered classroom and field trip programs in every season, and recruit, schedule school programs, and communicate program details to teachers
- Present general science, nature, and environmental education content to a diverse population of learners, including students and teachers
- Track program numbers and outcomes and evaluate activities to measure success and determine future needs and strategies
- Work closely with Riverway Interpretation and Education Manager to schedule activities and coordinate logistics with other staff and volunteers
- Recruit, train, support, and appreciate Rivers Are Alive volunteers
- Present thematic naturalist interpretive programs to diverse audiences on and off the river
- Assist with SCRA Outside adventures, stewardship activities, and other public programming
- Other duties as assigned
- Degree in natural resource interpretation, outdoor recreation, education, or related field
- Experience with leading outdoor and outdoor education activities for students in K-12
- Capable of working independently and as part of a team, detail-oriented, highly organized, and able to manage multiple projects and tasks at once
- Ability to communicate effectively and work collaboratively with other educators, school administrators, Riverway staff, outside partners, and volunteers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Physically able to lead programs which may include hiking, paddling, biking, and other recreational activities, and some night and weekend hours
- Must be a US citizen or permanent resident with a valid driver's license
This is a full-time, year-round position with the duty station at the SCRA office in St. Croix Falls, WI, and with a starting wage of $18 hourly plus benefits. A fingerprint and background check is required for the successful candidate. Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com by Wednesday, March 25. The position will be open until filled. No calls, please.
How to Apply:
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, March 25. The position will be open until filled. No calls, please.