Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Outdoor Educator/ Naturalist
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Naturalist Job Position:
The WFC is looking to hire outdoor educators to help with the education programs we offer throughout the year. We are a non for profit organization that reaches out to over 5000 students each year and offers education programs for K-12 grades and also public education programs. We also collaborate with other local organizations for after school programs, outreach programs, and festivals.
- Teach hands-on, indoor/outdoor, marine ecology/biology – lessons to grades K-12 for one day and multi day programs.
- Work independently and with staff to develop and maintain teaching resources.
- Participate in staff training and staff meetings to plan and evaluate programs.
- Participate in other program-related events and functions.
- Contribute ideas for continual development of programs and to strengthen our teaching team.
- Take part in routine tasks of aquarium work, helping other staff members within the organization, cleaning and upkeep of program spaces and classrooms.
- Demonstrate responsible and safe decision-making skills.
- Knowledge of ecological concepts, marine biology and natural history (degree in related field preferred)
- Motivation to work with children in a high energy, outdoor setting.
- Experiential education experience with youth, preferably in an outdoor, setting.
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR preferred.
- Ability to be in an active, outdoor environment, in a variety of weather conditions.
- Professional appearance and attitude
How to Apply:
To apply: Please send cover letter, resume, names and contact information for 3 references to Cameron at thewaterfrontcenter.org or call 516-922-7245 ex 24