Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Outdoor Environmental and SEL Educator
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, July 29, 2022, 5:00pm
NorthBay is seeking full-time Educators to teach environmental education, environmental science, character and outdoor education to school students. Educators ensure the safety of students while providing social-emotional learning experiences within an outdoor environmental education setting.
Do you have education experience and are you looking for:
- Small class sizes?
- The autonomy to meet lesson objectives within a provided framework?
- No standardized test requirements?
- Support of managers who have worked in the field?
- 6 hours of planning time built into your schedule weekly?
- An SEL program uniquely positioned to help navigate both students and staff as we transition through these challenging COVID times?
Consider NorthBay as your next place to work!!
NorthBay Education is a non-profit organization providing large-scale, innovative education programs to public school students. Headquartered in North East Maryland, NorthBay is the largest program of its kind, serving middle school students from Maryland and surrounding states with the goal of transforming lives and inspiring action by fundamentally changing the way students experience and engage in education.
NorthBay is looking for a highly motivated, personable individual with excellent communication skills and attention to detail. The successful candidate will be a motivated self-starter who can work independently and effectively within a team. The candidate will maintain a positive, friendly and professional attitude and demeanor for all students, guests and staff on campus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
1. Responsible for the safety of 20-40 children in an outdoor, sometimes remote setting.
2. Effectively teach students from various school districts MSDE approved curricula in environmental education, environmental science, character and outdoor education.
3. Participate in various camp maintenance activities.
4. Other duties as assigned.
- High School graduate, pursuing college degree
- Teachable; open and able to learn and emulate new teaching methods
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible, team player
- Preferred: teaching or other youth program experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Outdoor Education, Environmental or Natural Science, Education, Art, Social Studies, Language Arts, or related fields preferred
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org