Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Outdoor Learning Coordinator
Monarch Montessori of Denver ECE and Elementary school is hiring an Outdoor Learning Coordinator. This is a full-time, year-round, hourly position. The Outdoor Learning Coordinator runs the school-wide outdoor learning program which includes guiding teachers on lessons to teach students, gardening over 300 lbs of produce annually in greenhouses and raised beds, and running a monthly food distribution.
An ideal candidate will have experience teaching outdoor learning, gardening skills and nutrition knowledge. We would highly prefer a candidate who is connected to the Far Northeast Denver community and bilingual in Spanish and English. Candidates must be comfortable speaking and presenting for groups of children of all ages as well as adults, as this is a regular part of the job.
Job Duties Include:
- Seasonal growing of 30 garden beds and 2 fruit tree groves And, year-round growing of 3 greenhouses.
- Set up and coordinate 9 fresh food distribution events to distribute 300 food baskets per event
- Coordinate curriculum and conduct teacher trainings for teachers to teach outdoor learning
- Support coordination with 4-H and other partners for weekly electives aka Cosmic Education Hour
- Manage Healthy Food Education Program
- Plan cooking classes for caregivers and students, volunteer work days, hands-on gardening activities, and more.
- Plan and direct teaching of the Student Garden Club
- Oversee the Cooking in the Classroom Program
- Plan and run the annual school-wide Earth Day event and Fall Festival
- Maintain the school recycling and composting as needed
- Participate in planning of the school lunch menu
- Share progress with school marketing manager for social media posts
- Collecting data to evaluate the program goals
- Caregiver for 12 chickens
- Periodically serve to substitute in kitchen or front office as needed
Earth Day Event: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3JuFTHLnKc
Outdoor Learning and Urban Gardens: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcBqpqVVAyg
Degree in Agriculture, Nutrition or Education preferred but not required.
Spanish/English bilingual preferred
Pay range $20-29 per hour plus lots of love from the kids!
Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
Paid time off and 27 paid holidays
Compensation based on education and experience, see pay scale for details.
Start date: July 1 preferred but no later than Aug 4, 2022
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $29.00 per hour
Paid time off
Professional development assistance
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
How to Apply:
Email coverletter and resume to email@example.com.