Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Outdoor Science Instructor
Deadline to Apply:
Thursday, March 1, 2018, 11:45pm
As an Outdoor Science Instructor, you’ll participate in OMSI’s vision to ignite an education transformation at the intersection of science, technology and design, and weave a thriving innovation district into the fabric of Portland, that spreads opportunities across the Northwest.
What you’ll do:
- Teach concept-based, natural science curriculum, utilizing a mix of outdoor and classroom settings for students K-12, as well as adult learners.
- Prepare daily lesson plans, and maintain equipment and teaching supplies for the program.
- Lead summer programs onsite, travelling or both. This includes driving a van, bus, teaching, dispensing medication, preparing meals, and campsite set up/breakdown.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum 9 months working as an instructor for a residential outdoor education program.
- Working knowledge of the concepts in natural history and ecology.
- Combination of experience and education equivalent to Bachelor's Degree.
- Oregon Food Handlers Card (training is available during non-working days at employee’s expense).
- Current CPR for professional rescuer.
- Pass pre-employment checks, such as criminal background check, reference checks, and American Camp Association (ACA) background checks.
- Day rate between $63 - $75, depending on experience.
- Competitive health benefits.
- Paid Oregon Sick Time.
- Onsite living available, including shared staff quarters.
OMSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.