Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Outdoor Science Instructor
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Thursday, March 1, 2018, 11:45pm
As an Outdoor Science Instructor, you’ll participate in OMSI’s vision to ignite an education transformation at the intersection of science, technology and design, and weave a thriving innovation district into the fabric of Portland, that spreads opportunities across the Northwest.
What you’ll do:
- Teach concept-based, natural science curriculum, utilizing a mix of outdoor and classroom settings for students K-12, as well as adult learners.
- Prepare daily lesson plans, and maintain equipment and teaching supplies for the program.
- Lead summer programs onsite, travelling or both. This includes driving a van, bus, teaching, dispensing medication, preparing meals, and campsite set up/breakdown.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum 9 months working as an instructor for a residential outdoor education program.
- Working knowledge of the concepts in natural history and ecology.
- Combination of experience and education equivalent to Bachelor's Degree.
- Oregon Food Handlers Card (training is available during non-working days at employee’s expense).
- Current CPR for professional rescuer.
- Pass pre-employment checks, such as criminal background check, reference checks, and American Camp Association (ACA) background checks.
- Day rate between $63 - $75, depending on experience.
- Competitive health benefits.
- Paid Oregon Sick Time.
- Onsite living available, including shared staff quarters.
OMSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.