Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Outdoor/Environmental Program Instructor
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Frost Valley YMCA is located in the heart of the Catskill Mountains in New York State. Each Year we serve over 20,000 people, primarily from the greater NYC, Long Island, and northern New Jersey region, through our Environmental Education and Groups and Family Retreats Departments. We are able to provide great learning and connection opportunities in the out of doors to a very diverse audience, many of whom may not otherwise have the opportunity.
Program Staff are responsible for the preparation, delivery, and follow-up of programs offered through the Environmental Education, Teambuilding, and Group and Family Retreats programs at Frost Valley YMCA. Must be able to effectively communicate and interact with students and guests of all ages. Frost Valley YMCA seeks to promote an awareness of the interrelationships of the natural world through the natural sciences. Frost Valley seeks to promote deeper connections within our students and guests with the outdoors, others, and themselves. Must have a firm commitment to working with children from diverse backgrounds and a strong commitment to guest service. Persons of color are encouraged to apply.
– Facilitate programs with small groups of students and guests in the areas of ecology, challenge course, group work, outdoor education/recreation, local culture/history, and crafts. Programs are delivered in a student-, participant-, and nature-centered manner.
– Plan and implement lessons and activity plans for each assigned program.
– Prepare, develop, and maintain program spaces and resources for use by staff and participants.
– Serve as host and point of contact for school and teambuilding groups.
– Participate in trainings and development opportunities.
Salary and Benefits:
– $13.20 hourly DOE, Room and Board included
– Medical/dental/life insurance effective the 1st of the month, after completing 60 days.
– Eligible for YMCA retirement
– Shared and individual housing on-site with your own room.
Start and End Dates:
We are looking for passionate staff to fill our team of Program Instructors.
Now accepting resumes and applications for:
– 2022-2023 School Year- late-August 2022 through mid-June 2023
– Fall 2022 Season- late-August through November 2022
How to Apply:
Please send resume, cover letter, 3 references to Eva Larson, Director or School Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org