Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Outreach and Facilities Associate
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Outreach and Communications
* Develop and oversee the Center communications plan, including marketing and social media strategies.
* In collaboration with Center Director, work with third party marketing contractors, as applicable.
* Establish communication protocols to update stakeholders, including appropriate staff, of progress.
* Develop and manage messaging that supports all aspects of the Center’s mission that aligns with regional/national programming.
* Oversee volunteer recruitment, training, and retention activities.
* Manage a volunteer database to organize contact information, schedules, service hours, demographics and training history.
*Participate in and coordinate Center special events and community development/outreach opportunities.
* Promote Center programs through presentations, marketing at community events, and producing/distributing marketing materials.
* Prepare and coordinate media activities and materials for distribution.
* Develop media and donor kits for events and meetings.
* Work with the Center Director to coordinate aspects of the fundraising process, including scheduling visits and tracking the moves management process.
* Manage all aspects of the Reception Desk, using volunteers when appropriate, including answering of phone, cash register management, and center opening and closing procedures.
* In coordination with the Center Director, oversee maintenance and upkeep and enhancements to the Center.
* Oversee the rental of the facility (or parts thereof) to third parties.
* Oversee the acquisition of equipment and supplies for Center facilities as well as inventory for Center gift shop.
* Working with Center Director, contribute to the annual budgeting process by recommending opportunities for cost savings and efficiencies related to the operating costs of the Center facilities.
* Oversee the Center’s nature art gallery by working with volunteers to recruit and showcase regional nature artists’ work
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience in program/project management, marketing/communications or fields. Fundraising experience a plus.
- Demonstrated experience and comfort using social media and adjusting to new communication tools and tactics.
- Project coordination/management experience.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively, while managing multiple tasks, meeting deadlines and operating in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills; ability to motivate staff and volunteers essential.
- Attention to detail in composing, typing, proofing materials, establishing priorities, flagging high priority items and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communications, editing and presentations skills.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion and maintain strict confidentiality.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, required. Experience with Salesforce and Concur a plus.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Self-motivated and willingness to work in a flexible environment.
- Willing to travel and work evenings and weekends as job may require.
How to Apply:
Please apply through the Audubon Careers website: