Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Tuesday, May 17, 2022, 12:00am
The City of Santa Fe is hiring an Outreach Coordinator! The Outreach Coordinator develops and implements the communications, outreach, education, and marketing activities for the Environmental Services Division. This includes Keep Santa Fe Beautiful and Sustainability, to achieve the City’s environmental goals.
- Produces overall educational and outreach program for the Environmental Services Division (ESD) for program compliance and waste reduction, emphasizing principles of Sustainable Materials Management, the Circular Economy, and Zero Waste; the objectives and principles of Keep America Beautiful for litter control and the strategies of the Sustainable Santa Fe 25-Year Plan.
- Coordinates with Santa Fe Solid Waste Management Authority to educate citizens and businesses about mutual programs such as composting, household hazardous waste, pharmaceutical disposal and electronics recycling.
- Plans and manages budgets for annual expenditures related to multi-media outreach materials, activities, and events.
- Coordinates and manages ESD outreach and marketing contracts.
- Oversees procurement of marketing materials such as promotional items and relevant advertisements/sponsorships.
- Designs effective educational outreach print and multi-media materials including informational brochures, advertisements, banners, recycling signage, and other collateral utilizing applicable graphic programs, photography, videography, and applicable software.
- Designs the annual ESD Residential Services Calendar featuring solid waste/recycling, KSFB and sustainability related information using applicable graphics software.
- Oversees and coordinates print production and mail delivery timelines to ensure timely delivery to residents.
- Writes and edits informative and educational articles, press releases, brochures, advertisements, and curricula.
- Writes grant and award applications.
- Responsible for daily/weekly social media posts and updates for separate ESD, KSFB and Sustainability messaging.
- Maintains knowledge of latest social media platforms and current trends to maximize post reach and effectiveness of campaigns.
- May coordinate and create social media for other City departments and/or the City’s main social media platforms.
- Keeps ESD and KSFB webpages informative and up-to-date.
- Maintains knowledge of website CMS platforms
- Maintains working knowledge of relevant City sustainability/environmental stewardship programs across departments.
- Coordinates with program heads/staff to ensure consistency and efficiency in sustainability outreach initiatives.
- Assists with various Keep Santa Fe Beautiful (KSFB) and ESD, Public Utility, and City programs such as but not limited to: Great American Clean-Up, Toss No Mas, Zozobra, Adopt-A-Median, School Passport Program, Recycle Santa Fe Art and Recycled Fashion Show, and other community events.
- Presents educational and persuasive programs to the general public, students, volunteers, committees, civic groups, city staff, and elected officials.
- Expected to present to industry peers at conferences and symposia.
- May host or appear as a guest on radio, television, webcast, or other media programs.
- Prepares correspondence including administrative memos and press releases.
- Prepares various performance reports on a weekly, monthly, semi-annual and annual basis.
- Represents the City of Santa Fe on applicable industry related boards and committees at the local, regional, or state level.
- Attends KSFB Board of Director meetings, City Council meetings, or other meetings and events scheduled on evenings or weekends as directed.
- Maintains professional knowledge and skills by attending relevant workshops, training, and conferences.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of solid waste and recycling industry practices and trends including Zero Waste, Sustainable Materials Management, The Circular Economy, and Extended Producer Responsibility.
- Knowledge of environmental and sustainability related issues.
- Skill in graphic design using Adobe In-Design or equivalent, Calendar Wizard, presentation software such as PowerPoint.
- Skill in general office software, including Microsoft Office suite.
- Skill in website design and maintenance using WordPress, Squarespace, and Expression Engine
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to satisfactorily complete tasks without close supervision.
- Ability to identify, analyze and problem solve, assisting staff across departments in crafting sustainability messaging.
- Ability to develop, implement and evaluate projects and programs.
- Ability to build consensus amongst diverse stakeholders.
- Ability to interact effectively with City staff and the public.
- Ability to prepare and manage budgets for outreach activities for ESD, and to prepare and administer related grants.
Bachelor’s degree with coursework in communications, marketing, graphic design, environmental science, environmental education, or related field
Three (3) years in public relations, graphic design, communications, environmental education/outreach, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Education and Experience Equivalency
One (1) year of the appropriate type and level of experience may be substituted for each required year of post-high school education. Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements.
How to Apply:
Applications must be submitted online at: https://santafenm.munisselfservice.com/employmentopportunities/