Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Outreach Specialist - LEAF - Wisconsin Center for Environmental Education (WCEE)
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Wednesday, November 22, 2017, 5:00pm
Specific areas of responsibility for the position include:
- Developing, Delivering, and Evaluating Programs (65%)
- Researching and analyzing school audience needs and desires relative to sustainable forestry education.
- Planning and implementing sustainable forestry education professional development opportunities and resources that benefit Wisconsin.
- Connecting forestry resources and services to K-12 school communities, to other WCEE programs, and to other environmental education efforts.
- Facilitating the development of networks of teachers with similar sustainable forestry education interests to encourage shared experiences, knowledge, and resources.
- Assisting in the development and operation of the school grounds and school forest programs, which encourage the use of school forests and other outdoor learning opportunities for K-12 communities.
- Assisting with the upkeep of forestry education curriculum.
- Evaluating program effectiveness and impact.
- Consulting with Schools (25%)
- Consulting with schools, school districts, and Cooperative Educational Service Agency personnel to implement sustainable forestry and sustainable education integration efforts that address school forests, curriculum, culture, operations, and community connections.
- Supporting WCEE, CNR, and UW-Stevens Point (10%)
- Contributing to the WCEE’s outreach mission.
- Contributing to communication stories & pictures for the WCEE and CNR.
- Other duties as assigned by the WCEE Director to fulfill the missions of the WCEE, College of Natural Resources, and UW-Stevens Point.
How to Apply:
To ensure consideration, complete an online application by November 22, 2017, at https://www.careers.wisconsin.edu/psc/careers/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=13&JobOpeningId=13573&PostingSeq=1