Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Outward Bound Professional (OBP) Coordinator
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
The OBP Coordinator reports directly to the Director of Outward Bound Professional, and is responsible for assisting in the planning and preparation for, then coordinating the day-to-day operations of OBP programs. The OBP Coordinator will be part of a dynamic and collaborative team whose shared responsibility is that of delivering programming of the highest quality of excellence and safety to adult professional groups. Thompson Island Outward Bound Education Center’s Professional programs deliver customized adult programs designed to yield high-performance teams, cultivate a positive, supportive and empowering culture, and form greater trusting relationships amongst colleagues. Set amidst the serene wilderness of our 204-acre island preserve or designed in the location of your choosing, our programs stimulate creative development and incorporate a global perspective to meet the diverse challenges of today’s organizations. Courses operate year-round.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate day-to-day operations of OBP programs including the dissemination and maintenance of first aid kits, assembling and disseminating and collecting instructor information packets, providing water bottles, initiative gear and equipment; creating day-of mobile phone contact sheet, (ensuring all food for breakfast and lunch are ready,) and other duties as assigned. This includes coordinating with the per diem OBP staff who may be managing a particular program, to provide logistical and operational support.
- Assisting Director with OBP Program Staffing: save-the-date requests, confirmations, maintaining all records, providing payroll and mileage for each program.
- Become facile with Delphi system in order to support OBP Director, as needed, in managing client orders and invoices, tracking and updating operations and ferry information, etc.
- Represent OBP at Island based meetings (Programs, Operations) and communicate outcome to OBP Director.
- Organize, inventory, catalog and maintain in excellent quality OBP program equipment, including developing systems and expectations for pre and post program equipment allocation and retention.
- Create, update and provide access to list of OBP Initiative activity “write-ups” and equipment database.
- Coordinate with Director to assist with Staff development and support a comprehensive and appropriate OBP training for methods and models, initiative activities, challenge course hard skills, and Island LOP’s.
- Enter OBP incident reports and attendance numbers into TIOBEC and OB USA databases.
- Collect post program information including instructor evaluations, client surveys, attendance forms, and plus/delta debrief information.
- Organize information into both hard copy files and digital records. Forward participant emails “requesting more information” to Director.
- Statistically analyze all collected data and support Director in developing a year-end report.
- Assist Director with tracking per diem employee information, as appropriate. As directed by Director, manage logistics of paperwork and contracts.
- Coordinate with the Director to develop a comprehensive and thoughtful budget for OBP operations and controllable expenses.
- Understanding of and/or interest in adult team and leadership development.
- Understanding of and/or interest in the Outward Bound Process
- Familiarity with experiential education, specifically pertaining to professional development programming a plus
- Minimum Wilderness First Aid (WFA) and CPR medical certification required, WFR a plus
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite of Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficiency (once trained) with Delphi Booking system
- Excellent business oriented verbal and written communication skills
- Extensive challenge course or rope course operation and programming experience
- Natural inclination to work collaborative and build strong working relationships, flexibility in changing situations, and openness for giving and receiving feedback
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Propensity to act with appropriate demeanor and tact, even in stressful situations
- Commitment to quality and safety
- ACA kayaking certification a plus
- Work environment is dynamic and changing. Work may include time spent outside in inclement/harsh weather, sitting at a desk 6+ hours per day, or travelling to schools/client sites.
- Commute includes a 25 minute boat ride to and from Thompson Island.
- Must be willing to stay on Island occasionally the night before OBP programs
- All positions reporting hours to the island, are asked to assist loading/unloading cargo from the boat as able. This involves lifting and walking with parcels upwards of 50lbs on and off moving docks and up/down ramps
- Must be able to be on feet an average of 6+ hours per day
How to Apply:
Visit our website to apply. To apply, fill out our online application. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an initial phone interview within 2 weeks of submitting an application.