Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Overnight Wilderness Trip Leader
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Website:The Nature Place|Staff
The Nature Place Day Camp, located in Chestnut Ridge, NY, is looking to hire experienced Overnight Trip Leaders to guide groups of children on amazing and immersive camping trips this summer!
The Nature Place is a non-competitive, nature-oriented day camp, operating for our 32nd summer. Our mission is to support and grow each camper and staff member's connection to self, to others, and to the earth.
Our camping program is progressive in the skills we teach and the trips on which we embark. Our very youngest campers learn basic camping skills and go on an Almost Overnight on our campus. Beginning at age 8, campers increase their skill level, go out for longer periods of time and undertake more challenging outdoor adventures. On-Site overnights, one-night and two-night backpacking trips, flat-water canoeing, and Delaware River camping/canoeing adventures are some of the trips campers experience as they get older.
Beyond a general knowledge of camping skills, applicants must have the ability to interact with children in an engaging and kind manner. Must be able to supervise and facilitate what should be a magical, hopefully life-changing camping experience for groups of children.
- At least 21 years of age
- Documented training and experience in outdoor living skills and camping activities
- Current Wilderness First Aid (WFA) and professional CPR certifications by program start date
- Desire and ability to work with children outdoors
- Experience on trips of similar size, duration, locale, mode of travel and program focus
- Competitive Salary
- Housing provided to non-local staff upon request
- Weekends off, as well as evenings whenever you are not leading a trip
- Make friends to last a lifetime
- Explore Harriman State Park, as well as our beautiful 200-acre site on the grounds of a Waldorf community
Our six-week season runs from Monday, July 3 – Friday, August 11, 2017. Staff hours are Monday though Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. Staff Orientation is held Tuesday, June 27 – Saturday, July 1, and attendance for all staff is mandatory. There is no camp on Tuesday, July 4, 2017.
Position Start Date:
Tuesday, June 27, 2017
How to Apply:
If you’d like to be a part of our fun-loving community of passionate, playful individuals, working together to give kids ages 4-15 the best possible camping experience they can have, please click here for employment information and a staff application.
The Nature Place Day Camp is committed to diversity and anti-racism. People of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.