Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, September 9, 2016, 12:00pm
About the Stamford Museum and Nature Center
The Stamford Museum and Nature Center is a 118-acre not-for-profit museum, working farm, and environmental educational facility situated on the former estate of fashion magnate Henri Bendel. The Stamford Museum & Nature Center is dedicated to the preservation and interpretation of art, the natural and agricultural sciences, and history. The Museum is a vital cultural and educational resource for the community, and a focal point for family activity and interaction. We seek to inspire creativity, foster self-discovery, and nurture an appreciation for lifelong learning through exhibits, educational programs, and special events that enhance the visitor's experience of our unique site. SM&NC is a leading resource for environmental and farm-based education in Fairfield County and the local region. Please visit our website at www.stamfordmuseum.org for more information.
- Teach 60 minute in-school after school programs on curricula ranging from natural and physical science to farm-based.
- Teach natural science-based school programs during busy seasons, as needed.
- Staff and support SM&NC special event weekends, such as Harvest Festival and Spring on the Farm
- Help to ensure that programs promote responsible environmental education and support SM&NC mission
- Aid in care and feeding of small non-releasable reptile, amphibian, and invertebrate teaching animals and help to staff Heckscher WILD!, our live exotic animal exhibit.
- Teach live animal and science-themed birthdays as scheduled
- Bachelors Degree in EE, Education, Natural Resources, Biology or equivalent experience preferred
- Experience with working with preschool and elementary aged children in an outdoor setting
- Creativity, enthusiasm, and flexibility a must
- Comfortable working with program animals, including reptiles, amphibians, invertebrates, chickens and other farm animals, or willingness to learn
- Experience working with animals/garden/farm is a plus
- Valid driver’s license and ability to provide own transportation
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and to move about a variety of terrains in all weather conditions
How to Apply:
Compensation: Competitive hourly rates depending on experience, paid vacation and sick time.
Send letter, resume and 3 references to (e-mail preferred):
Stamford Museum and Nature Center
39 Scofieldtown Road
Stamford, CT 06903