Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Piedmont Assistant Program Director
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, October 7, 2016, 5:00pm
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: Piedmont Assistant Program Director
Salisbury, NC. Muddy Sneakers’ new Piedmont NC Field Office will look to serve public schools in Rowan, Davidson, Randolph, Stanly and Montgomery Counties.
The Assistant Program Director is responsible for supporting the Field Office Program Director for program needs and logistics coordination; providing exceptional field instruction on designated field days; mentoring other instructors; assisting with staff training; assist with updates and revisions to Muddy Sneakers’ curriculum; maintaining high quality program delivery and field safety; serve as needed in an outreach role within the community and larger program area; as well as assuming other administrative, field instruction and outreach tasks as needed to help fulfill the organization’s mission.
The Assistant Program Director reports directly to the Piedmont Field Office Program Director.
- Effectively communicate in both verbal and written communications
- Listen to and comprehend oral communication
- Read written documentation both on paper and on screen
- Be comfortable and work effectively in an outdoor or natural setting
- Be comfortable and work effectively in an office setting
- Work with and have patience for children for up to 8 hours a day
- Hike up to three (3) miles each day on terrain of varying difficulty
- Lift and carry up to fifty (50) pounds
- Comfortable making difficult decisions in stressful situations with full knowledge of organizational policy and procedure
- Recognize and respond positively to social cues of children and adults
- Utilize discretion when faced with sensitive issues that could impact individual parties involved in/with MS or the organization as a whole
- Work in a team, perform interactive behaviors, and respect a chain of command
- Be comfortable with public speaking responsibilities and serving as a face person for the organization
Experience and Attributes:
Ideal candidates will be committed to MS’ mission and possess relevant professional experience and key personal attributes including:
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree, ideally in a related field
- At least 5 years experience in education or related field, including significant experience in experiential education and teaching
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with networking
- Experience managing staff and conducting workshops and trainings
- Positive work ethic and attitude
- Knowledge of computers and MS Office software, preferably Apple/Macintosh platform
Specific duties include:
1. Education/Program Delivery:
- Provide high quality field instruction.
- Assist in mentoring/training new staff to become wellversed in the organization and program curriculum.
- Assist the Field Office Program Director in overseeing the quality of program delivery by fellow instructors.
- Help to ensure exemplary field safety.
2. Resupply/ Vehicle Logistics/Program Supplies:
- Responsible for keeping the vehicles prepared for field use (cleaned, fueled, supplied, etc.).
- Communicate/coordinate with Field Office Program Director when resupply items are needed.
- Ensure that vehicle logistics are coordinated each week and proper vehicle logs are kept.
- Help to organize and distribute supplies/field instructor kits stored at the Muddy Sneakers’ office to vehicles and/or staff as needed.
3. Administrative Duties
- Contribute to the biannual Muddy Sneakers’ newsletter, ‘Pathways’
- Assist with basic administrative tasks to keep the Piedmont office running efficiently, such as, answering phones, office upkeep, filing, scheduling, coordinating/staffing outreach opportunities, etc.
4. Staff and Board Meetings/Training
- Assist Piedmont Program Director in planning, implementing, and facilitating periodic meetings and trainings.
- Periodically attend Board of Directors/Advisory Board meetings, staff trainings, conferences, and/or retreats as requested.
5. Development/Community Relations:
- Assist in identifying potential funding opportunities including working with development staff to write and apply for smaller grants as needed.
- Serve as a public face and spokesperson when necessary for the organization.
- Staff periodic special events/booths throughout the year (i.e. community festivals, concerts, local events, science/STEM expos)
- Seek expanded opportunities for Muddy Sneakers to gain recognition and increase its Community Sponsor (donor) base through events, outreach, etc.
- Help to build and maintain close relationships with school and district partners.
6. Curriculum review/revisions:
- Coordinate with Piedmont Program Director on any necessary curriculum changes or revisions to adapt curriculum to local ecology while keeping a focus on experiential learning.
- Keep up to date with state changes in End of Grade (EOG) evaluations, testing practices.
- Assist with compiling data annually to gauge program efficacy through evaluating students’ test scores and collecting qualitative feedback from teachers, parents,and students.
- Work with research partners, as necessary, to assist with comprehensive analysis of the Muddy Sneakers program and the production and implementation of effective measurement tools.
- Applicant must have at a minimum a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, preferably with prior school/professional experience in the field of education and/or another related field.
Term of Position:
The Piedmont Assistant Program Director position is a year round position with an annual commitment of 35 hours per week.
Starting salary range for the position is $27,000$32,000 which includes a 10% benefit stipend. Resume, cover letter, and three references are due no later than 5:00pm EST on Friday October 7. Applications are to be submitted to Expansion Coordinator Lindsay Green at firstname.lastname@example.org or can be mailed to MS’ home office, c/o Lindsay Green, at the following mailing address: P.O Box 146 Brevard, NC 28712.
How to Apply:
Resume, cover letter, and three references are due no later than 5:00pm EST on Friday October 7. Applications are to be submitted to Expansion Coordinator Lindsay Green at email@example.com or can be mailed to MS’ home office, c/o Lindsay Green, at the following mailing address: P.O Box 146 Brevard, NC 28712.