Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
The Pinelands Institute for Natural & Environmental Studies (P.I.N.E.S.) operates in cooperation with Rowan College of Burlington County and Brendan T. Byrne State Forest to provide on-site school field trip programs featuring the natural and cultural history of the New Jersey Pine Barrens.
The per-diem P.I.N.E.S. Instructor is responsible for preparation and delivery of environmental education programming for students in grades pre-K through twelve while supporting the mission of the P.I.N.E.S. program to convey knowledge, encourage awareness, and develop a sense of wonder about the interelationship between
Starting Date: Immediate
Deadline: Open until filled. Multiple positions available.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct educational programming in both both indoor and outdoor settings.
- Deliver interactive experiences to students in the woods, wetlands, swamps, bogs, and historic village buildings of Whitesbog Village and Brendan T. Byrne State Forest in the NJ Pine Barrens.
- Develop and present science and social studies themed interpretive programs.
- May assist with the preparation of written materials, handouts, and displays.
- Participate in planning, designing, and evaluating interpretive programs and written materials.
- Contribute to the planning and preparation of program activities.
Participate in special events and interpretive programs sponsored by P.I.N.E.S.
- Must have or be working towards a degree in Education, Environmental Education, Biological Sciences, Natural Resource Management or related field, or 2 to 3 years related work experience.
- Finished Associates or Bachelor's degree a plus
- Experience teaching/leading activities for school age youth.
- Demonstrated success achieving measurable goals in the area of program delivery to youth is also required.
- Knowledge of the New Jersey Pine Barrens and implementation of interactive environmental programming is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to teach diverse audiences in a non-formal setting.
- Aptitude to provide exceptional customer service.
How to Apply:
Application available online at: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/bccedu/jobs/1661477/pines-instructors-per-diem-hourly
After applying, please send resume to Lisa Schlosser, PINES Program Coordinator, at email@example.com. Any questions can be directed there as well.