Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Pre-school Assistant Teacher
Provides support and help in the classroom/outdoors as directed by the Lead Teacher or Co-teacher who is designated by the Director of Preschool
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist Lead or Co-teacher on a daily basis with classroom responsibilities
- Completes assigned responsibilities in a timely manner
- Attend monthly all staff meetings
- Attend weekly classroom staff meetings
- Reports to Lead or Co-Teacher any concerns or challenges related to designated class
- Reports to Director of Preschool any questions or concerns.
- Attend professional development workshops
QUALIFICATIONS & ESSENTIAL SKILLS:
- Must possess a maturity to have professional, respectful demeanor with parents, children and staff
- Must act with discretion and have a keen understanding of confidentiality.
- Must be comfortable in the outdoor environment.
- Must believe we are stewards of the earth and practice sustainability
- Comfortable with animals and willingness to learn how to handle certain animals to enhance curriculum
- Knowledge of the natural world and correct information about curriculum taught to children and families
- Must be certified in First Aid, Medication Training and CPR
- Must be fingerprinted and have an Office of Early Childhood Background check every five years.
CONTACT & RELATIONSHIPS:
- Refer parent’s specific questions about their child to the Lead Teacher or Co-teacher
- Be aware of current happenings at the museum
- Support other staff members
- Address issues with other staff members with them directly or go to the Director of Preschool
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must meet State of CT requirements to be an Assistant Teacher as defined by the state
- Preschool experience a plus
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Must be a “team player”
- Strong desire to use the outdoor environment on a regular basis to support curriculum.
- Love and respect for the natural world
- Comfortable using live animals in the classroom and outdoors.
- Bi-lingual a plus
How to Apply:
Send inquiries to Lisa Combs at LCombs@stamfordmuseum.org