Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Preschool Environmental Educator
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
The Darien Nature Center, in Darien, CT is hiring Part-Time Environmental Educators for the 2017-2018 school year. We are seeking talented and enthusiastic individuals who have a passion for nature to teach in our preschool enrichment programs.
This is a great opportunity for educators who have a passion for nature and love sharing its wonders.
- Prepare daily lesson plans based on provided curriculum
- Embrace the Darien Nature Center philosophy of nature-based play and incorporate these experiences into daily lessons
- Utilize available materials, artifacts and live animals to enhance lessons
- Responsible for the care and safety of all children enrolled in designated class
- Keep classroom materials clean and organized
- Change materials in room to reflect curriculum
- Complete all responsibilities in a timely manner
- Communicate with parents on an ongoing basis
- Attend parent orientation, staff meetings and staff development workshops
- Reports to the Program Director any concerns or challenges related to designated class
- Additional duties as assigned
Qualifications & Essential Skills:
- College degree in related field
- Minimum of 1 year early childhood teaching experience
- Previous environmental education experience a plus
- Comfortable in the outdoors and use the outdoors on a regular basis to support curriculum.
- Love and respect for the natural world
- Comfortable with animals and/or willingness to learn how to handle certain animals to enhance curriculum
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must be a "team player"
- Certified in First Aid, CPR and Epi-pen or willing to obtain
Compensation: Hourly rate commensurate with education and experience.
How to Apply:
Please send resume to Emily Ciffone, Program Director, Darien Nature Center firstname.lastname@example.org.