Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Would you like to join a group of educators collaborating to create a dynamic, responsive Reggio-Inspired environment for children ages three through five? Are you interested in seeing what happens when young children play in our natural world? Utilizing many mediums like clay, paint, paper, light, and shadow? And are you interested in seeing how we work with children while they play and learn in awe and wonder? Are you interested in seeing removing the four walls and working with children?
We are looking for a full-time preschool teacher who loves preschoolers and is looking for a different kind of workplace experience.
Our curriculum is inspired by the Reggio Emilia Approach, an Emergent Curriculum, the Project Approach, and Nature providing a foundation for life-long learning. Our unique curriculum follows the children’s interests and encourages exploration while viewing the children as researchers of their world, continually reconstructing knowledge. Transforming ideas into action. Our classrooms are enriching environments that stimulate children's natural desire to learn. The outdoor environment is an extension of our classroom along with the nature trails at Highland State Recreation Area where we take nature walks. Building Blocks Preschool, in Highland Michigan, is designed by teaching teams adapting to meet the needs and interests of the children. We maintain low teacher-to-child ratios so relationships can flourish. Additional information about the programs at our school go to www.buildingblocksschool.com
Responsibilities and Duties
• Associates degree or equivalent in Early Childhood Education
• At least two years of work experience in early childhood education
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Positive attitude towards learning and developing constructiveness in a community of learners.
• Desire to be part of a group of educators that want to learn
• English as the primary language
• Collaborate with the preschool teaching team to exemplify Reggio-Inspired, and Nature-based philosophy and practices.
• Implement the Reggio Emilia approach in daily teaching, beginning with the view of children as competent, curious, and full of potential.
• Utilize observation & documentation strategies, reflect on children’s learning, and collaborate on the curriculum of the preschool classroom.
• Create and maintain a safe and clean classroom that also supports the Reggio Emilia notion of the environment as the third teacher.
• Enjoy being outdoors year round and be curious about nature.
• Be knowledgeable of and implement Michigan Licensing Rules for Child Care Centers.
• Value the role of families as an active part of children’s learning experiences.
• Communicate with families as needed, including at the end of the day or at scheduled family meetings.
• Participate in professional development training as appropriate.
Qualifications and Skills
- Preferable candidate has a minimum of an Associate's degree in child development, early childhood education, or closely related field or a CDA and successful teaching experience with children ages 3-5 .
Job Type: Full-time
Benefits for full-time employees include 10 paid holidays annually, paid time off, planning time, and professional development opportunities.
Building Blocks support TEACH grant recipients.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
• Paid time off
• Professional development assistance
• 8-hour shift
• Bonus pay
• Signing bonus
Families and staff commit to safe COVID-19 practices. Staff vaccination are required.
• CPR Certification (Preferred)
Special Work Schedule Requirements: This is a full time, 12-month position. Attendance at evening meetings or weekend workshops might be required occasionally
Position Start Date:
Wednesday, June 22, 2022
How to Apply:
Appt on line: https://buildingblocksschool.com/careers-2/
Based on education and experience. ($13.00-$16.00/per hour)