Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Professional Outdoor Instructor
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
- Teach students about the outdoor environment
- Engage students in "teachable moments"
- Provide outstanding professionalism and customer service
- Facilitate leadership development through initiatives and challenge courses
- Entertain on the stage through skits and songs
- Promote waste reduction by encouraging reduced "yuck" at meals
- Model sound leadership practices
- First 12 week season - $275/week stipend for Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Second 12 week season - $300/week stipend (free BW hoody!)
- All staff members receive free room and partial board (meals while working with program), use of the fitness room, 2500 acre property and recreational equipment as per policy/procedures. Wilderness First Aid or Lifeguard Training is available at a discounted rate based on the season. Pro-purchase opportunities are offered after first month of employment.
- Ability to energetically teach, inspire and motivate people from all walks of life
- Ability and willingness to learn and master designated program areas
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment for an extended time that can be emotionally and physically demanding
- Ability to work in a varied weather environment that may include extreme heat and cold, and other adverse weather conditions.
- Ability to stand, walk, hike on flat, hills, slope and uneven terrain.
- Ability and willingness to serve others, be a team player, and take on leadership roles and responsibilities
Knowledge and Skills Desired:
- University degree or equivalent in environmental/adventure education or related field
- Outdoor skills: Hiking, backpacking, caving, canoeing, climbing, interpretation
- Experience facilitating personal and group development through challenge course work
- Experience teaching environmental education
- Experience in camp settings
- Experience working with both youth and adults in a learning environment
- Experience working with people with physical and developmental disabilities
- Wilderness First Aid, CPR/AED for the professional rescuer, lifeguard
- Driver’s license
How to Apply:
Apply at www.bradwoods.org