Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Thursday, February 1, 2018, 11:45am
Website:Project Learning Tree
Position: PLT Program Coordinator
Supervisor: Senior Manager, Curriculum & Outreach
Location: Washington, DC
Status: Full-time, FLSA Non-Exempt
SFI® Inc. is a sustainability leader that stands for future forests. We are an independent, non-profit organization that provides supply chain assurances, produces conservation outcomes, and supports education and community engagement. SFI works with the forest sector, brand owners, conservation groups, resource professionals, landowners, educators, local communities, Indigenous peoples, governments, and universities. SFI standards and on-product labels help consumers make responsible purchasing decisions. Additionally, we oversee the SFI Forest Partners® Program, which aims to increase the source of certified forest products, the SFI Conservation and Community Partnerships Grant Program, which funds research and community building, and Project Learning Tree®, which develops students’ appreciation for and knowledge of the environment. SFI Inc. is governed by an independent three-chamber board of directors representing environmental, social, and economic sectors equally. SFI believes caring for forests improves everyone’s quality of life.
In 2017, Project Learning Tree (PLT) became a program of SFI. Project Learning Tree helps develop students’ awareness, knowledge, and appreciation of the environment, builds their skills and ability to make informed decisions, and encourages them to take personal responsibility for sustaining the environment and our quality of life that depends on it. Since 1976, Project Learning Tree has trained 700,000 educators to help students learn how to think, not what to think about complex environmental issues.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The PLT Program Coordinator will perform administrative tasks in support of PLT’s overall operations within the main program areas of Curriculum and Educational Materials, Professional Development, GreenSchools, and Network Management. This position reports to the Senior Manager, Curriculum and Outreach, and supports all PLT staff.
- Provide support to create and revise content for PLT curriculum materials, as well administer and manage data collection related to curriculum sales, distribution, and evaluation.
- Provide support to implement new and maintain existing online professional development programs, including technical administrative support for key systems (i.e. learning management system, e-commerce platform).
- Provide administrative support to meet the needs of the state and international PLT network, such as providing access to the volunteer intranet, registration platforms, and other systems.
- Manage printing and fulfillment of PLT education materials (online and print) to state partners and other customers. Monitor inventory of educational materials.
- Provide support to generate content for inclusion in PLT’s communications and educational materials and source images for use across PLT’s program areas.
- Upload new and update existing content for PLT’s websites and subdomains, including online curriculum and volunteer intranet.
- Manage and monitor data entry process for various PLT state and national data collection efforts, including quarterly reporting and workshop participant forms.
- Support logistics planning and provide overall support for all PLT conferences and meetings, including but not limited to PLT’s annual conference, governance committee meetings, and partner meetings. Schedule meetings, conference calls, and webinars, and provide administrative support to participants.
- Provide logistics planning for conferences and trade shows, such as submitting registrations and session descriptions, preparing materials, reserving exhibit space, and assembling and shipping exhibits.
- Provide administrative support for network capacity and service-learning grants programs.
- Address administrative office needs including, but not limited to, responding daily to emails and phone inquiries and providing customer support.
- Support financial management, including invoicing, accounts receivable, and accounts payable.
- Provide executive assistance to PLT Senior Leadership.
- Perform other responsibilities as needed.
The ideal candidate will bring:
- A positive attitude and high energy—a person who sees opportunities rather than problems, enjoys working cooperatively in a team environment, and prioritizes the mission over individual agendas.
- Strong research, writing, organizational, computer, and interpersonal skills; excellent proofreading skills required; writing and editing experience preferred.
- Advanced level of expertise in Microsoft Office suite and Adobe Acrobat; aptitude to work with information systems preferred; willingness to learn new applications.
- Ability to work with large data sets and verify accuracy of data prior to submission to program staff; experience with relational databases and concepts desired.
- Knowledge of website content management and information architecture preferred. Experience with WordPress desirable.
- Personable, outgoing, and flexible with the ability to work under pressure.
- Time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
- A sound work ethic with the ability to act both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to impart information to a range of constituencies, including staff, PLT state program coordinators, formal and non-formal educators, donors, and customers.
- Desire to take initiative and confidence to ask questions.
Associate’s or bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred or equivalent work experience, with a major or background in education, environmental education, environmental studies, natural resource management, or related field preferred. Interest/background in nonprofit, education, or forestry a plus. Minimum one year administrative/office experience.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, email a resume and cover letter to the attention of Jaclyn Stallard, Senior Manager Curriculum and Outreach, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line should say “Application: PLT Program Coordinator.” Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.