Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Program Coordinator, Environmental Education
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Tuesday, July 20, 2021, 12:45pm
Are you passionate about STEM and making a positive impact on the environment? Do you thrive in collaborative work environments and value diverse and unique learning opportunities? Are you eager to connect your personal interests to a mission-driven organization that supports professional growth? NEEF has an excellent opportunity for a Program Coordinator, Environmental Education to join our team.
The National Environmental Education Foundation (NEEF) is a national leader in building public environmental literacy. Congressionally chartered in 1990 as a 501c3 nonprofit to complement the work of the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), NEEF is a non-partisan, non-advocacy organization working to make the environment more accessible, relatable, relevant, and connected to the daily lives of all Americans. NEEF collaborates with respected organizations, from both the public and private sector, to develop programs and trainings, organize events, and fund projects that empower people to positively impact our environment. NEEF’s major partners include Toyota, 3M, and International Paper as well as multiple federal government agencies. Through its network, NEEF aims to inspire the public to learn about their relationship to the environment and increase their environmental involvement.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Project Administration and Implementation – Greening STEM (90%)
- Support relationship management and communication related to Greening STEM projects, including:
-serve as a liaison for project partners, such as National Parks and other -public lands, schools, and community partners.
-coordinate meetings with project partners and assist with agenda development.
-support design, logistics, and implementation of in-person and virtual Greening STEM training opportunities.
-assist partners and grantees with questions and troubleshooting.
-assist NEEF’s Marketing & Communications department with creating and developing social media and promotional ideas and content around Greening STEM.
- Collaborate with the Program Director, Environmental Education, and Director, Grants Administration to support the administration of Greening STEM grants, including drafting/updating RFPs, applications and reviewer rubrics, outreach/promotion to potential grantees, evaluation of grant applications, and tracking progress of grant activities.
- Collaborate with the Program Director, Environmental Education, and Program Director, Research & Evaluation to support project evaluation activities, including coordinating and attending site visits with Greening STEM partners and grantees, assisting with data collection, and assisting with data analysis.
- Maintain relevant data in Salesforce and produce reports that evaluate and support the impact of NEEF’s efforts.
Reporting and Other Duties (10%)
- Prepare reports for federal and corporate sponsors/stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge, and Expertise
- Minimum education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in environmental science, education, or related discipline preferred.
- Minimum of two years of professional work experience, including internships.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills; excellent written and verbal communication skills. This includes sound judgment in communicating professionally and knowledge of formal business correspondence. Strong ability to clearly and professionally communicate with different audiences.
- Computer proficiency of Microsoft Office and constituent databases. Ability to learn and master new software programs a plus.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details; ability to manage multiple priorities and frequent deadlines.
- Proven analytical and reporting skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive matters with discretion.
- A working knowledge of environmental education a plus.
- Some travel required.
Salary: The salary for this position is commensurate with experience. NEEF offers excellent benefits, a collaborative and learning environment, flexible hours, and values work-life balance. We are looking for someone who is passionate about making a long-term impact at a growing organization. The office is located in Washington, D.C. and is metro accessible. Our team is currently teleworking due to the pandemic. The position allows for permanent telework for qualified candidates in the US, but preference will be given to applicants in the Washington, D.C. area.
At NEEF, diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity applies to both our workforce and the communities we serve.
NEEF is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer and is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. NEEF is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment.
How to Apply:
Please send resume, cover letter, salary requirements, and a writing sample to email@example.com and include Program Coordinator, Environmental Education in the subject line. Only applications submitted with all of the requested information will be considered.