Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Program Coordinator (FT permanent)
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Thursday, March 16, 2017, 12:00am
Reporting to the Nature Center Director, the Program Coordinator must have excellent interpersonal skills, as this is the first person visitors see & speak with, serving as the face and voice of the organization. In addition to staffing the front desk (30%), this position is responsible for coordinating all education programs including: summer camps (30%), vacation day programs (5%), preschool programs (5%), school programs (20%), walk-in visitors (5%) and public & family programs (5%). Percentages will vary seasonally. This position oversees 3 summer education interns, 2-3 school year interns, the Summer Camp Assistant, and the Jr. Naturalist program.
Specific duties & responsibilities include:
- Registrar: Coordinating & scheduling program logistics with participants and staff; following up with participants; preparing written communications for program delivery; serving as primary public contact (by phone, internet and in person) for summer camp, school programs, daycare & after school groups, vacation day, preschool and public programs as well as walk-in visitors and birthday parties; tracking and recording accounts receivable for programs.
- Program Coordination: Responding to inquiries regarding programs; working with participants and staff to respond to educational needs; creating and maintaining relationships with participants & families; ensuring that programs are scheduled to maximize staffing efficiency; forecasting attendance trends and needs; daily registration and coordination of all summer camps as well as other family & public programs. Entering public programs into database (Blackbaud Altru) and website (WordPress), maintaining critical database & coordination of participant medical forms (CampDoc), program rosters and medical log & incidents.
- Program Assistance: Teaching to become familiar with and understand the diversity of programs and to meet staffing needs; organizing and preparing materials for program registration; supporting the activities of the Nature Center Director; other duties as directed.
- Administrative & Financial: Providing administrative support, such as mail distribution and day-to-day financial operations – logging in all checks and cash received, balancing cash register; assisting with gift shop sales as needed and coordinating with ALNC’s Business Manager.
- Visitor Services: Meeting & greeting all visitors, admissions sales, coordinating Family Trailside Backpack program, answer main phone line and route calls or messages, general front end tidiness, front end monitoring (locking/unlocking doors, lights, lost & found, etc.)
- Knowledgeable and experience of database software (ALNC currently uses Blackbaud Altru & CampDoc) or ability to become proficient.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite & WordPress
- Degree in environmental education, natural history, interpretation, natural sciences or related field.
- Experience developing, coordinating, and teaching outdoor environmental education programs.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Curriculum development experience preferred.
- Superior work ethic, self-starter, strong attention to detail, excellent organization & planning skills.
- Team player with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; able to shift gears quickly.
- Tact and sensitivity with the public, program participants, staff, and volunteers.
- Excellent phone and email etiquette; thorough follow-up practice.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced or distracting environment.
This is a full-time position, primarily Mondays-Fridays during business hours. Occasional weekend hours will be required due to events & public programs.
Salary & Benefits Information:
This position has a salary range of approximately $26,000-$30,000 annually and includes medical, dental & life insurance, as well as paid vacation.
How to Apply:
Send cover letter, resume and list of 3 references to:
Aldo Leopold Nature Center
ATTN: Virginia Wiggen
330 Femrite Dr.
Monona, WI 53716
Email applications are encouraged at email@example.com
Application materials must be received by March 16th, 2017.
Anticipated position start date will be mid-April 2017.