Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Sunday, March 19, 2017, 5:00pm
Slide Ranch seeks a Program Director to lead the Program Department. The four main programs that the Program Director will oversee include (1) School and Community Group Program day and overnight field trips, (2) weekend Family Programs, (3) Summer Camp, and (4) the Teacher-in-Residence training program.
The Program Director:
- is responsible for hiring all program staff, including a Program Manager, Program Administrator and all Teachers-in-Residence, and for training, supervising and evaluating the Program Manager and Program Administrator.
- is responsible for driving all programmatic outcomes, including units of service, quality of service, expense and income.
- is accountable for ensuring Slide Ranch meets and exceeds all best practice standards in its programs and their delivery, and evolves its curriculum and program design to align with emerging methodology and community needs.
- schedules all programs, working with dozens of external partners to execute over 10,000 visits annually.
- leads all marketing, outreach and recruitment for all programs.
- represents Slide Ranch regionally in coalition, alliance and partner groups.
- collaborates closely with a Ranch and Operations team to successfully manage staff, site and programs.
- collaborates closely with Slide Ranch’s Development team.
- reports directly to the Executive Director and is part of the Senior Management Team working with all departments, staff and the Board of Directors.
We are looking for:
- A warm leader who exudes confidence and care for others, and who builds enduring relationships.
- A thought leader and strategic thinker.
- A visionary and entrepreneurial spirit, someone who will not only lead our programs, but continue to grow, improve and refine our educational models, strategies and program design.
- A person oriented toward the greater good of the organization and the natural environment.
- Someone with a respectful and accessible leadership style, self-assured and comfortable with situations of ambiguity, and able to easily relate to a wide range of constituencies.
- A highly competent team player who finds enjoyment in the work place, and who is honest, open and balanced.
- Someone with a high degree of emotional intelligence.
- Plan, calendar, staff and direct all logistics of our four main programs: 1) school/community groups, 2) summer camp, 3) family programs, and 4) Teacher-in-Residence (TIR) program.
- Supervise the Program Manager and Program Administrator.
- Collaborate with all external partners prior to schedule and price programs and establish logistical guidelines.
- Oversee the hiring committee for the Teachers-in-Residence.
- Organize and conduct an initial 3 week intensive TIR training as well as ongoing training
- Plan and create staff development workshops.
- Revise, renew, and exceed the present high standard of quality education at Slide Ranch.
- Increase our pre-visit and post-visit engagement.
- Ensure quality of post-program evaluation sessions among teaching staff.
- Devise metrics to measure our impact.
- Align our curriculum to Next Generation Science Standards.
- Implement Youth Program Quality Assessment and like tools.
Program Expansion and Entrepreneurialism:
- Devise ways to increase the depth and breadth of our impact.
- Utilize our new Farm-to-Table building to broaden and deepen our program offerings.
- Look for new ways to capture earned revenue through programs.
- Devise new programming for our Battery Powered renewable energy grant.
- Work with the various national park, environmental and educational partners.
- Represent Slide Ranch at educational forums.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with schools, community organizations and other groups to raise Slide Ranch profile and develop new partnerships.
- Work with the Executive Director to prepare and monitor annual budget, develop forecasts, and prepare regular board programing reports.
- Provide new employee orientation and training, and oversee department-specific training
- Recruit, hire, train and supervise all program staff.
- Attend weekly meetings to coordinate activities with the operations department.
- Maintain accurate programmatic records through Salesforce and File Maker.
- Supervise accurate collection of daily program statistics.
- Market programs to schools and the public to ensure full registration.
- Review and summarize participant evaluation feedback, and make appropriate program improvements.
- Assist in producing special events and programs.
- Participate in staff meetings.
- Develop annual job performance objectives with staff.
- Oversee granting of scholarship subsides for program fees and transportation.
- Work with development to help them apply and update grantors
- Oversees program fee deposits, invoicing and collection process.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 7+ years of experience in educational program management, staff supervision, nonprofit work environments and mentorship.
- Previous experience with education planning, program scheduling, program evaluation, curriculum development, partnership building, database entry, and public speaking.
- Flexibility to work at several special weekend and weeknight programs.
- Prior experience training and mentoring interns, especially with a variety of learning styles or experience levels.
- A passionate commitment to environmental education and sustainable agriculture.
- The ability to create a clear sense of direction, to inspire trust, to organize a complex plan, and to bring people from various interests together to work effectively toward a common purpose.
- Experience in hiring, training, managing and mentoring staff.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Experience managing a budget.
- Demonstrated ability to function well as a team member.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office programs.
- Awareness of environmental justice issues in low-income, urban communities.
- Bachelor's degree and progressively responsible work experience in related field.
- Enthusiasm for working in a rural and rustic ranch environment with nontraditional offices.
- Program Manager
- Program Administrator
Salary DOE and excellent benefits package including platinum health and dental.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Slide Ranch provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Slide Ranch complies with all applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.