Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Program Planner/Assistant Camp Director
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, May 13, 2016, 12:00pm
PRIMARY DUTIES & ACTIVITIES:
- With DOE, shall serve as liaison between schools and other organizations receiving PEEC educational services and / or using PEEC facilities
- Will personally meet with group representatives to identify their needs, will offer, promote and establish PEEC program opportunities in response to those needs
- Will develop relationships with group representatives to insure a smooth, quality program at PEEC.
- Will recruit groups whenever appropriate and opportunities arise
- Will personally respond to all group planning inquiries with follow-up communication
- Will personally coordinate all PEEC departments and operations on behalf of groups including, but not limited to: education, housekeeping, food service, maintenance, and administration
- Will prepare weekly schedule of events three weeks prior to actual program dates
- Flexible to changing demands; able to maintain a positive and professional attitude under stress; detail‐oriented and organized; excellent time management and record keeping skills
- Able to work both independently and as a member of a team; willingness to be coached and openness to feedback; sense of humor and play; high level of integrity; excellent work ethic
- Instruction of PEEC programming on an as needed basis
(ACD) PRIMARY DUTIES & ACTIVITIES:
- Rotate with Camp Director to facilitate early morning shifts, late-night shifts, and on-call responsibilities
- Assume responsibility for daily water, lunches, snacks, Gatorade, and food cleanup
- Every Wednesday, assist with overall functions of the Akenac trip: swim test and/or manage buddy board and/or monitor camper and counselor supervision
- Observe, assist and/or lead groups of campers to improve program or behavior management
- Recognize and respond to emergencies effectively and effectively
- Contribute to and participate in daily check in, check out, van runs, staff meetings, camp cleanup
- Responsible for supervision of all camp programs in the absence of Camp Director
CAMP PROGRAM COORDINATION:
- Take a leadership role in summer camp training. Prepare for and lead trainings in subjects related to programs, scheduling, and meal planning
- Plan and run all-camp activities once per week that are fun, safe, and appropriate for all age groups
- Communicate bagged lunch count and dietary needs to DH
- Communicate and gather campfire meal supplies for late-night camp programs
- Purchase program materials, requested supplies, distribute to groups and collect when finished
- Assist counselors with overnight trip planning and logistics. Distribute backpacking and river supplies and maintain “adventure room” inventory during the summer
- Schedule van usage for campers and volunteers
- Excellent people skills and ability to work with a variety of personalities.
- BS in Education, Environmental Science, Recreation or related field.
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in teaching/leading/planning education, EE programs, recreation, camp or related programs.
- Minimum of 2 years of progressively increasing experience in planning and / or delivering residential Environmental Education (EE), recreation, camp or related fields.
- Attentiveness to detail including record keeping and office systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook and Excel, working knowledge of Access
- On-site; On-call responsibilities, one/two nights a week
- Commitment to the Pocono Environmental Education Center mission
- Ability to make independent decisions and respond to immediate needs of guests, emergency situations, and program needs
- Wilderness First Aid, CPR, life guarding certifications preferred or must be willing to secure certification as training opportunities arise
How to Apply:
Submit a cover letter, resume and three references to:
Director of Education
538 Emery Road
Dingmans Ferry, PA 18328
or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org