Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
This position is responsible for developing a comprehensive talent acquisition strategy in line with Defenders’ long-term organizational which include designing, implementing, and executing full-cycle talent acquisition practices and processes that meet Defenders’ diversity, inclusion, equity, and justice (DEIJ) goals; building relationships with universities and conservation groups to highlight Defenders as an employer of choice.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and implement recruitment, interviewing, selection, and onboarding best practices which include partnering with hiring managers to update position descriptions and role profiles; formulating recruitment strategies and executing sourcing plans to identify and attract qualified candidates; developing and training behavioral-based interviewing techniques and data-based selection processes; administering appropriate assessments, reference checks, and background checks;
- Establish and maintain talent pipelines through proactive sourcing, targeted engagement, and passive candidate recruitment;
- Participate in recruitment events and develop outreach efforts in support of Defenders’ DEIJ goals;
- Develop and manage DEIJ metrics for tracking;
- Ensure timely communication with candidates and hiring managers on the recruiting process and pending needs. Educate candidates about Defenders’ business, culture, benefits, and role expectations;
- Manage Defenders’ Applicant Tracking System, to include timely and accurate record- keeping, reporting, and analytics;
- Serve as backup for HR operations as needed, to include benefits administration and HRIS updates;
- Manage and engage with campus recruiting opportunities;
- Lead the sourcing, recruiting, and staffing efforts for the spring, fall, and summer internship programs;
- Manage the internal employee referral program;
- Perform other related duties as needed.
- Education: Bachelor’s (B.A./B.S.) degree or equivalent
- Experience: 4 years of experience with full-cycle recruitment required, preferably for geographically disbursed organizations.
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities for Recruiting Manager
- Expert knowledge of recruitment and hiring best practices
- Mature knowledge of relevant federal, state, and local employment laws for DC and other jurisdictions in which Defenders conducts its business
- Expert knowledge in applicant tracking systems and internet sourcing tools
All employees are required to satisfactorily perform the essential duties and responsibilities of their positions. The essential duties and responsibilities listed above are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Defenders requires employees who engage in in-person work activities, including business travel or onsite work, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. An applicant (i) who is disabled or pregnant or who has a qualifying medical condition that contraindicates a COVID-19 vaccination or (ii) who objects to being vaccinated on the basis of a sincerely held religious belief, observance or practice may request an exemption from this vaccination policy. This determination will be made on a case-by-case basis and in accordance with applicable law. Any medical information concerning an applicant's disability will be treated as a confidential medical record in compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
How to Apply:
Visit www.defenders.org to apply.