Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Registered Nurse Nature Camp
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
- Live on-site.
- Serve as the primary Health Care Manager.
- Facilitate the health care policy section of staff training.
- Review and become familiar with all camp health history forms for staff and campers.
- Meet with all campers and parents of campers taking prescription or non-prescription medications to review health history and ensure all forms are appropriately signed by a physician.
- Staff and operate the infirmary.
- Render competent first aid and medical care within the registered nurse scope of practice and administer medications accordingly.
- Keep detailed records of all visits, injuries, and medications administered in the approved health record logbook.
- Work with camp staff to ensure first aid kits are appropriately stocked.
- Communicate frequently with camp Directors.
- Be at least 25 years of age.
- Registered Nurse’s license for Virginia or multi-state, including current certification in First Aid and CPR (must be obtained by June 1, 2017).
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Experience working with children, preferably in a camp setting.
- Responsible, self-motivated, enthusiastic, and punctual.
- Ability to hike up to 4 miles a day in all weather conditions.
Term of Employment: June 29 – August 13, 2017
Stipend: Competitive stipend includes housing and meals.
Location and Lodging: Smithsonian Conservation Biology Institute in Front Royal, Virginia.
As an equal opportunity employer, FONZ values workplace diversity
How to Apply:
All interested applicants should upload their resume and cover letter to www.fonzjobs.com.