Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Research Assistant II - Audience Research (Seasonal)
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Monday, February 20, 2017, 12:00am
You will demonstrate your strong social and communication skills as you gather guest data through interviews, surveys, and/or observations in connection with one or more research projects and assist with those that require more experienced interviewing skills. You will utilize your strong computer skills as well as your attention to detail and accuracy while assisting with creating data entry code sheets, performing data entry of quantitative and/or qualitative data from completed surveys, interviews, and/or observations into statistical and/or word processing programs and assisting with database management on various projects. You will also assist with logistics such as photocopying, distributing, collecting, and filing survey instruments for one or more research projects; assist with data analysis, data graphing, and/or tabulation when needed; assist other Communication Research Assistants on various other tasks such as data entry, interviewing techniques and data base management; assist with developing and writing of survey instruments; and assist with data analysis, data graphing and preparing reports.
Since Brookfield Zoo opened its doors to the public in 1934, the Chicago Zoological Society has had a legacy of educating the public about environmental conservation. The Conservation, Education and Training (CET) staff at Brookfield Zoo is continuing the tradition by incorporating an innovative learning strategy to create a variety of programs for students, parents, teachers, and other community conservationists.
As Brookfield Zoo is open 365 days a year, this position highly prefers flexible availability to work any 5 days out of any 7 days each week with work shifts that are usually from 4 to 8 hours in length generally during the hours that Brookfield Zoo is open. From Memorial Day – Labor Day the Zoo is open 9:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. daily (Sundays until 7:30 p.m.). After Labor Day until Memorial Day the weekend & weekday hours vary from 9:30/10:00 a.m. – 5:00/6:00 p.m. During special events, the Zoo may be open until 9:00/10:00 p.m. This is a temporary (seasonal) position.
The requirements for this position include:
- Minimum two years relevant college coursework towards a Bachelor's degree in psychology or other social science or directly relevant field/coursework required. Other possible subject areas include education (especially biology and environmental education), communications, marketing or audience research, and museum studies.
- Minimum of six months experience interviewing the public, entering quantitative and qualitative data, and managing data sets required.
- Minimum of six months experience creating and conducting surveys and/or interacting with the public required.
- Strong social skills and ability to interact effectively with strangers essential; excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail and accuracy required.
- Strong computer skills with experience in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, and some basic understanding of statistics required.
- Ability to serve as a role model for less experienced research assistants is expected.
- Experience and/or ability to work and interact effectively with a diverse, multicultural audience.
- The desirable qualifications for this position include:
- Multilingual ability and Spanish fluency a plus.
- Graduate level courses are a plus, but not required.
How to Apply:
This requisition is for a position with an anticipated start date in May 2017. Deadline for online application submission is February 20, 2017. Please continue to visit our website at czs.org/careers for similar and other opportunities.
The Chicago Zoological Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities / Women / Veterans / Disabled.
If interested in being considered for this opportunity, please visit the CZS Career Center to obtain more details about the position and to apply by submitting your profile. Please visit our website at www.czs.org/careers. Please look for requisition number 1304BR.