Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
We need full time/resident instructors to join our team for 7 weeks of spring science camps and curriculum development from April 25- June 12, 2018. Instructors will be responsible for small and large group instruction in field studies as determined by the Program Director, some evening programs, some meal supervisions, and interest group instruction. These positions will require “on call” overnight stays on site in 16' yurts provided by KOSS. Spring camps will have 4-6 instructors. All curriculum and teaching materials are provided, as well as housing and meals while on duty. Compensation: $18.00-$20.00 hr
Duties and Responsibilities:
Attend all training sessions
Set an example for students
Fulfill KOSS mission through hands-on instruction
Answer directly to the program director and/or executive director
Knowledge and Skills Required:
1. Experience working in an outdoor education program
2. Knowledge of natural and cultural resources of the Klamath Basin
3. Experience teaching elementary and/or junior high students
4. Ability to effectively organize and manage instruction
5. Ability to work with a diverse range of people and groups
6. Excellent oral and written communications skills
7. Ability to work within a timeframe and stay on schedule
8. A good role model for students
9. Ability to adjust to student needs
Desired Education and Experience:
B.S. in environmental science, education, biology, or natural sciences preferred. Field experience in outdoor education settings can compensate for education.
Not afraid of having fun and helping others have fun.
Willing to have a background check processed.
How to Apply:
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com