Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Residential Outdoor Educator Nature Camp
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Minimum of one year of college required - coursework/experience in science, nature studies, or outdoor education preferred.
- Current certification in First Aid and CPR (must be obtained by June 1, 2017). Additional lifeguard certification preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Experience in informal or formal lesson development and facilitation.
- Experience working with children, preferably in a camp setting.
- Ability to hike up to 4 miles a day in all weather conditions.
- Responsible, self-motivated, enthusiastic, and punctual.
- Live on-site.
- Assume accountability for the health and welfare of campers entrusted to his/her charge.
- Understand, follow, interpret, and enforce all camp rules, policies and procedures.
- Serve as a good example to campers in personal language, appearance, and health habits.
- Provide leadership and guidance to campers with special attention to:
- personal hygiene and safety
- behavior toward themselves and others
- camper participation in camp activities
- Develop and teach two, 1.5 hour classes per week around the theme of conservation, nature, wildlife and the outdoors.
- Plan and lead daily activities such as hikes, classes, crafts, meals, and other programs as required.
Term of Employment: June 29 – August 13, 2017
Stipend: Competitive stipend includes housing and meals.
Location and Lodging: Smithsonian Conservation Biology Institute in Front Royal, Virginia.
As an equal opportunity employer, FONZ values workplace diversity.
How to Apply:
All interested applicants should upload their resume and cover letter to www.fonzjobs.com.