Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Residential Programs Summer Instructor
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, June 2, 2017, 12:45pm
During SNJ Summer Camp instructors supervise the campers overnight, as well as facilitate activities such as archery, swimming, kayaking, campfires, and skits. For leadership development groups, instructors use SNJ’s challenge course to facilitate leadership experiences and develop collaborative problem solving skills.
Instructors will be directly responsible for ensuring that attending campers’ educational outcomes are met. Instructors are supervised by the Program Coordinators. Join a staff that is committed to constantly improving our outstanding outdoor education programs!
Areas of Responsibility:
- Facilitate high quality summer programs (day and evening)
- Facilitate the challenge course to achieve collaborative problem solving goals
- Be able to deliver programs effectively while working with chaperones, community group staff members, and other instructors as needed
- Provide overnight supervision to SNJ resident campers
- Lead meals and sing songs before meals
- Act as overnight on call staff/evening supervisor as needed (about 3 times throughout the year)
- Clean cabins, inventory program supplies, and participate in debriefs after each program
- Support campus operations as assigned (maintenance, food service and housekeeping)
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 21 years old, or having applicable experience
- A passion for working with children and making a difference!
- Ability to work irregular hours and days/nights in order to meet group needs
- Experience working with children in a formal or non-formal setting
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, and have a positive “can do” attitude
- Ability to live and work positively with other staff members
- Comfortable being 50 feet in the air on a challenge course
- Ability to pass background check
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds and hike up to 7 miles
- Current CPR and First Aid certification
- Willingness to obtain lifeguard certification (course conducted by SNJ)
For more information about Sierra Nevada Journeys please visit www.sierranevadajourneys.org
How to Apply:
Please apply online: https://sierranevada.campintouch.com/ui/forms/application/staff/App