Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
School Programs Outdoor Science Instructor
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Wednesday, March 1, 2017, 9:30am
Basic Job Function:
Responsible for implementing seasonal, thematic inquiry-based science curriculum in the Everett Children’s Adventure Garden and surrounding landscapes for visiting school groups. Work under the supervision of the Coordinator of Adventure Garden Programs. Member of a teaching-team that includes other seasonal instructors, adult volunteers and teen interns that prepare for and deliver programs in a collaborative effort.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Each morning work with other seasonal instructors to set up all program materials.
- Lead groups of pre-k and elementary age students through thematic, developmentally appropriate school curricula that encourages the exploration and investigation of scientific phenomena in the indoor and outdoor teaching spaces.
- Each afternoon work with other seasonal instructors to clean-up all program materials.
- Provide feedback on refining and improving existing programs.
- Assist staff with training and supporting volunteers and teen interns.
- Pursuing or completed degree in education, museum studies, or natural sciences
- Must have prior experience leading inquiry-based, hands-on science activities for classes of preschool and elementary-aged school children.
- Additional language skills a plus.
How to Apply:
Upload resume and cover letter describing pertinent skills and experiences to NYBG HR web portal: http://www.nybg.org/employment/?p=job%2FoS3N4fww