Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
School-Year (and some year-round) Overnight Counselors needed at NorthBay!!
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, July 29, 2022, 5:00pm
***Please Note: Effective 11/26/21, all NorthBay Employees must be fully COVID vaccinated***
Transform lives. Inspire Action.
Four words that serve as the guiding principle of NorthBay Education Inc’s vision. NorthBay is an outdoor environmental education and retreat facility with a mission to change lives.
NorthBay Education is looking for Overnight Counselors (Spanish Bilingual preferred) to assist with our school-year programming for middle school students in a weekly residential program setting. NorthBay provides a safe space for students to challenge themselves both academically and physically while supporting their social and emotional needs.
This is a school-year, overnight position working Monday - Thursday overnights (schedule is generally Monday - Wednesday 5pm - 8am and Thursday 5pm - 9am); shift differential provided for overnight shift.
MAIN ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for the safety of a cohort of up to 12 children in indoor and outdoor, sometimes remote, settings.
• Act as facilitator/proctor to assist students
• Mentor and coach students outside of class sessions through literacy enhancement sessions, social-emotional learning (SEL) activities and fun, engaging physical activities.
• Facilitate a positive learning environment for students through effective group and individual behavior management.
• Education Team Members
• Education Manager
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Required: High School Diploma or equivalent
• Bachelor’s Degree in outdoor education, environmental or natural science, education, art, social studies language arts, or related fields
• Teaching or other youth program experience
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE:
To be successful in this role, we expect you to be highly committed. You must love students and must be open to new teaching methods and practices. We expect you to be an excellent communicator (both written and verbal). Fluent Spanish-speaker is preferred. We expect you to be teachable; successful counselors are flexible team players with a heart for service.