Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Website:INFINITY Science Center
REPORTS TO: Director of Education
SALARY: $13-$15/hour, full-time, benefits
JOB GOAL: Develop & teach educational classes to school groups, scouts and families. Develop educational science activities for use on the science center floor by other education staff. Activities include stage presentations, demonstrations and hands-on science based experiences.
- Licensed/certified educator, preferred emphasis in the sciences
- Insatiably curious and willing to learn new things
- Knowledge, understanding and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively to a wide variety of people
- Demonstrated aptitude for assigned responsibilities.
- Must be computer literate & skilled in Microsoft Office
- Ability to follow oral and written instruction/ good work habits/ dependable; ability to maintain positive relation with guests and staff.
- Eye for detail and extensive problem-solving skills.
- Ability to educate a wide variety of audiences about science topics.
- Classroom/group management knowledge necessary.
- Demonstrated aptitude or competence for successful fulfillment of assigned performance responsibilities.
- Prefer 1 year experience in a classroom setting but not necessary.
- Teach assigned classes to scheduled groups.
- Create educational science activities for use on the science center floor by other education staff. Activities include stage presentations, demonstrations and hands-on science based experiences.
- Provides information regarding activities at ISC to interested parties.
- Prepares periodic summaries of department activities for review by administrative personnel.
- Willingness and ability to work with others, to share and cross-train in order to promote the concept of “teaming” to insure quality and consistency in programming.
- Contributes to office coverage.
- Performs other duties and assumes such other responsibilities as assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Full-time, Monday-Friday 8am-4:30pm. Occasional Saturday work may be required.
- Mental Demands: calculating, comparing, problem solving, organizing, planning, documenting, coordinating, implementing, teaching
- Physical Demands: Sitting, computer work, oral communication, walking, standing
- Environmental Conditions: working outside, working inside in a loud environment and classroom setting.
EVALUATION: The basis of the evaluation will be the extent to which the performance responsibilities of the job are successfully handled and the extent to which yearly action plans and job goals are met. The Director of Education will perform the evaluation.
IINFINITY Science Center expects that all employees will perform assigned duties, diligently, professionally and efficiently and in compliance with all policies and procedures as well as all federal and state laws.
NOTE: the above job description reflects the general requirements necessary to describe the principle functions or responsibilities of the job identified and shall not be interpreted as a description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job, either at the present or in the future.
How to Apply:
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
This position will remain open until filled.
$13-15 per hour, full time, benefits