Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Sunday, January 15, 2017, 11:45pm
Would you like to spend the summer living and working amidst spectacular mountain scenery with unparalleled wildlife viewing opportunities? Apply to join the Alaska Geographic science education team at the Murie Science and Learning Center in Denali National Park and Preserve for a summer of learning, exploration, sharing, and fun. We offer competitive pay rates and are committed to continuous learning and professional development.
- Deliver high quality interpretive presentations to groups visiting Denali including bus excursions, dinner presentations, interpretive talks, guided walks, and other custom education programs.
- Provide quality customer service and informal science education while staffing MSLC Lobby/Front Desk.
- Host evening speaker series events.
- Assist with equipment maintenance, facility projects, and program support/development as assigned.
- Depending on experience and qualifications, may work as a guide on multi-day field courses or as an instructor on youth programs.
- Naturalist or science/environmental education experience with adults, families, and youth.
- Excellent public presentation skills.
- Proven group management skills in an outdoor setting.
- Ability to work well with a diverse schedule and a high degree of responsibility.
- Minimum of Basic First Aid and CPR certifications. Wilderness First Responder preferred.
- Ability to maintain a positive and upbeat attitude in a fast-paced work environment with a demanding work schedule.
- Knowledge of wildlife research and natural history of the subarctic.
- Experience with computers and common office software programs.
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. (we do not sponsor employment visas)
- Work with a dynamic team dedicated to science and education.
- Learn from and work with researchers in Denali.
- Live, work, learn, and play in a spectacular wilderness setting!
- Flexibility in schedule to allow for occasional long weekends.
- Competitive pay.
- On-campus housing may be available.
Position Start Date:
Monday, May 1, 2017
How to Apply:
Email a letter of interest, a resume, and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications due January 15, 2017.