Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Monday, January 15, 2018, 11:30pm
If you enjoy having the wilderness as your classroom and can create meaningful connections for visitors to Denali’s amazing ecosystems, Alaska Geographic is looking for you!
- Deliver high quality interpretive presentations to tour groups visiting Denali including bus excursions, dinner presentations, interpretive talks, and other custom education programs.
- Provide quality customer service and informal science education while staffing MSLC exhibit area.
- Assist with equipment maintenance, facility projects, and program support/development as assigned.
- Depending on experience and qualifications, may work as a guide on multi-day field courses or as an instructor on multi-day youth programs.
Desired Qualifications Include:
- Naturalist or science/environmental education experience with adults, families, and youth.
- Excellent public presentation skills.
- Proven group management skills in an outdoor setting.
- Minimum of Basic First Aid and CPR certifications. Wilderness First Aid or Responder preferred.
- Ability to work well with a diverse schedule and a high degree of responsibility.
- Positive and upbeat attitude in a fast paced work environment with a demanding schedule.
- Knowledge of wildlife research and natural history of the subarctic.
- Experience with computers and common office software programs.
- Must have valid driver’s license with 5 years driving experience and good driving record.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. (we do not sponsor employment visas)
- Work with a dynamic team dedicated to science and education.
- Learn from and work with researchers in Denali.
- Live, work, learn, and play in a spectacular wilderness setting!
- Flexibility in schedule to allow for occasional long weekends.
- Competitive pay.
- On-campus housing may be available.
The season begins in early May and ends early September. Part time and full time positions available. We prefer staff that can commit to the entire season, but will consider shorter durations. To learn more about our programs and operation, visit our websites at www.akgeo.org and www.nps.gov/rlc/murie/index.htm.
How to Apply:
Email a letter of interest, a resume, and contact information for 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org Application deadline is January 15, 2018.