Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Science Educator - 2 Positions
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Tuesday, March 7, 2017, 2:30am
See website for complete position description here.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Education (90% of time)
- Facilitate safe and educational programs for youth ages 6 through 18
- Lead science activities and hikes
- Develop science and outdoor learning activities
- Maintain and organize educational supplies
- Communicate with teachers, group coordinators and parents
- Bachelor’s Degree in environmental education, ecology, geology or related degree OR 3 years of equivalent experience
- Demonstrated 1+ year experience teaching and leading outdoor, science-based education programs for youth, such as at a camp or education center.
- Knowledge of and passion for natural history
- Experience developing activities for youth
- Ability to work both independently and in groups in remote areas with minimal supervision
- Enthusiasm for the mission of the Mount St. Helens Institute
- Ability to pass a background check
- Have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record for the past three years
See position description for more about Mount St. Helens Institute, program locations and more details.
How to Apply:
Email the following to "firstname.lastname@example.org" by March 6th with the subject line "Science Educator."
- Cover letter which includes a) why you are interested in the position, b) your skills that prepare you for this positions, c) available start and needed end dates and any unavailable dates, d) how you found out about the position.
- Contact information for 3 references