Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Sea Otter Program Internship
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 12:00pm
Research internship responsibilities include, but are not limited to, data collection from shore using radio telemetry equipment and making visual observations with spotting scopes. Interns will record daily re-sights, forage observations, and activity budget data on marked wild sea otters.
Animal care internship responsibilities include, but are not limited to, daily care and feeding of ill, injured or orphaned sea otters, maintenance and cleaning of animal tanks and enclosures, and computer data entry. Interns may also assist with rescues of live-stranded otters, tracking of released otters, and administration of medication to sick otters.
Qualified applicants must be able to work in a team environment, as well as independently without direct supervision, and must have good communication skills.
- · At least 18 years of age
- · Six month commitment of 24 hours each week.
- · Must be a current student at an accredited college or university, or graduated during the term immediately preceding the internship
- · Must submit a resume of courses and/or experience related to position applying for
- · Must provide a minimum of 2 letters of recommendation
- · 3.0 minimum cumulative GPA
- · Valid driver’s license
- · Cell phone
- · Willingness to perform project task assignments on a flexible schedule, including weekends and late evenings
- · A project-based report will be required at the end of the internship
How to Apply:
Early submission of applications is encouraged.
Deadline to apply is March 31st, 2020.
For more information and to apply, go to:
- Sea Otter Research https://montereybayaquarium.snaphire.com/jobdetails?ajid=E9Ff8
- Sea Otter Care https://montereybayaquarium.snaphire.com/jobdetails?ajid=ZbFf8
All internship opportunities are unpaid or STEM Internships (STEM may include funding provided through your educational institution). Housing is not provided. College credit may also be available. Please refer to your College/University's student services division.