Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Seasonal Camp Director
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Camp Fire First Texas' Camp El Tesoro in beautiful Granbury, TX is seeking a Seasonal Camp Director. The Director would oversee our Resident Camps, Nature Day Camps, and Spring Break Camp.
- Bachelor’s degree in outdoor recreation, camp administration, environmental education or related field
- A genuine interest in working in an outdoor program setting
- Experience in staff supervision
- Experience in youth development
- Experience in basic finance and budgeting
- ACA Basic Camp Director Course completion
- Experience directing resident camp
- ACA Standards Visitor
- Ability to execute planning and organizational skills for maximum efficiency
- Ability to set priorities/meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Positive human relations skills
- Ability to provide clear verbal and written communications to all stakeholders
- Computer hardware and software competent
- Ability to live in camp setting and work irregular hours
- Physical ability and endurance to walk throughout campsite for extended periods of time
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Resident, Nature Day and Spring Break Camp
- Recruit, train, and supervise seasonal staff
- Implement, support and analyze council and program specific evaluations
- Develop and implement an age-appropriate, progressive, nature/outdoor based program using Camp Fire First Texas methodologies and best practice research
- Maintain and monitor appropriate documentation of all camp aspects including; inventory, ACA standards, and Texas Department of Health
- Develop marketing information and events in consultation with Marketing and VP
Budget and Finance
- Assume primary responsibility for preparation and administration of Resident, Nature Day, and Spring Break camp budgets
- Maintain communication with VP-Outdoor regarding programs
- Model and build team respect among all Outdoor staff
- Provide data and reports for programs
- Serve as council representative
- Contribute to the development and implementation of Council work plans and goals by providing advice and information concerning key areas of responsibility.
How to Apply:
Interested persons should fax or email a cover letter, resume & salary requirements to:
Camp Fire First Texas
2700 Meacham Blvd.
Fort Worth, TX 76137
Email: resume @ CampFireFW.org
Camp Fire First Texas is an equal employment Opportunity Employer. The organization will not discriminate against any individual because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, disability or other reason prohibited by the fair employment laws. Reasonable accommodation will be provided in an effort to advance employment opportunities for individuals with disabilities.
Employment at Camp Fire First Texas is on an at-will basis. The employee and the organization are each free to terminate the relationship at any time without cause.Due to the volume of responses, only qualified parties will be contacted.No phone calls, please.