Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Seasonal Educator (Marine Science/Adventure Sports)
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Website:NESS Job Opportunities
The NESS Summer Educator helps New England Science & Sailing Foundation (NESS) achieve its mission of building brighter futures through ocean adventure education. NESS Summer Educators implement high quality programming with an active, hands-on, experientially-oriented marine science based curriculum. Program platforms include kayaking, snorkeling, surfing, stand-up paddle boarding and fishing. Qualified applicants will be passionate, motivated, able to work within a team as well as on their own, and have proven skills working with children. Summer Educators will be assigned to support NESS programs based on background experience. This full-time seasonal position reports to the NESS Stonington Program Director.
- Implements engaging hands-on NESS curricula
- Is knowledgeable about NESS programs and serves as an ambassador for NESS when dealing with NESS’s constituents
- Exhibits a strong culture of safety, environmental stewardship, and customer service
- Can operate with a high degree of awareness and knowledge related to assigned responsibilities
- Work closely with NESS Education Specialists, Educators and fellow NESS Summer Educators to implement curriculum on and off the water
- Provide leadership to students and assist in overseeing junior instructors
- Maintain campus and offsite safety at all times
- Implement NESS’s Emergency Action Plan, as needed
- Assist in inventory and maintenance of watercraft, watersports equipment and gear, including powerboats, kayaks, surfboards, SUPs, fishing gear, masks & snorkels, wetsuits, boogie boards, etc.
- Assist in classroom inventory, maintenance and cleanliness
- No conflicting summer commitments including travel, work or other leave of absence
- BA or BS in Marine Science, Biology, Oceanography or a related science desirable o
- Teaching certification desirable
- USCG OUPV 6-Pack License or greater desirable (may be able to obtain at NESS)
- ARC Waterfront Lifeguarding, First Aid and CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer (Youth and Adults) (may be able to obtain at NESS)
- Instructor certifications in kayaking, surfing, powerboating, and sailing (may be able to obtain at NESS)
- Valid Driver’s License & your own transportation
- Experience in leading student-centered and inquiry-based programming
- Skills and instructional experience in swimming, kayaking, powerboating, sailing, and/or surfing
- Effective skills in written and verbal communications, problem solving, and decision making
- Strong team player and excellent motivator
- Ability to forge effective working relationships with NESS Educators, operations staff, administrative staff, students, and parents
Compensation commensurate with experience.
Position Start Date:
Wednesday, June 8, 2022
How to Apply:
Visit https://nessf.org/job-volunteer-opportunities/ and find "summer educator"
Commensurate on experience.