Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Seasonal Environmental Education Apprentice
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, March 10, 2017, 12:00pm
The Environmental Education Apprentice will plan and direct educational canoe outings for youth groups on the Ipswich River while working with staff and volunteers on a variety of project during the summer of 2017.
Primary duties will include:
- Plan and organize on-site destination based canoe outings with local youth, civic and out of school groups.
- Plan and provide customized, structured instruction to off-site youth groups for indoor and outdoor settings.
- Organize and lead occasional beginner paddling events for adults.
- Assist staff with additional outreach, restoration or monitoring tasks as needed.
- Work with staff to maintain our Low Impact Development (LID) demonstration projects at our headquarters which include native plantings and rain gardens.
- The successful candidate will have a keen interest in watershed conservation and a willingness to learn and apply new skills on the job.
- Classwork in environmental science with experience and passion in environmental education is desired.
- Preferred qualifications include the ability to successfully lead youth groups in an outdoor setting and the ability to perform duties with minimal supervision. Groups may range in size from 10-20 individuals, ages 6-18. Youth groups are expected to be accompanied by their own staff leaders with the focus of the Apprentice being the delivery of educational programs.
- Occasional evening or weekend events may be required.
- Proficiency with computers (e.g. Microsoft Office) is a plus.
- Candidates must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation. Mileage will be reimbursed for work related travel.
- Candidates must be 18 years of age or older.
- Positions will be for 35 hours/ week and last 12 weeks beginning no later than May 30, 2017. Salary is $13/hour.
Visit www.ipswichriver.org to learn more about the organization.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume (as an e-mail attachment) by March 10, 2017 to Ryan O’Donnell (email@example.com).