Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Seasonal Environmental Education Volunteer Intern
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, March 10, 2017, 12:00pm
The Environmental Education Volunteer Intern will assist an Environmental Education Apprentice with planning and directing educational canoe outings for youth groups on the Ipswich River. There will also be opportunities to work with staff and volunteers on a variety of other project throughout the summer of 2017.
Primary duties will include:
- Assist with planning and organizing destination based canoe outings with local youth, civic and out of school groups.
- Assist with planning and for customized, structured instruction to youth groups for indoor and outdoor settings.
- Assist staff with additional outreach, restoration or monitoring tasks based on needs and interests.
- Work with staff to maintain our Low Impact Development (LID) demonstration projects at our headquarters which include native plantings and rain gardens.
- The successful individual will have a keen interest in environmental education and a willingness to learn and apply new skills. Classwork in environmental science with experience and passion in environmental education is desired. The ability to work as part of a team to create a fun learning environment for youth groups is a must.
- Candidates must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation. Mileage will be reimbursed for any work related travel. Candidates must be 18 years of age or older. Positions will be for 20-30 hours/ week and last approximately 10-12 weeks from late May to August.
Visit www.ipswichriver.org to learn more about the organization.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume (as an e-mail attachment) by March 10, 2017 to Ryan O’Donnell (firstname.lastname@example.org).