Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Seasonal Environmental Educator - 10mo.
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 12:00am
The essential responsibilities include:
- learning and teaching the field study and outreach curricula, policies of the Mohonk Preserve, and its philosophy of Environmental Education;
- leading six weeks of summer camps outdoors while teaching environmental education;
- general support of the Education department;
- A commitment to the mission of the Mohonk Preserve is required.
The successful candidate has:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Education or related field;
- experience in outdoor and/or environmental education;
- a strong knowledge base of the natural and cultural history of the region;
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills are necessary to interact with staff, volunteers, children, teachers and the public in general;
- driver’s license and a vehicle;
There is a significant fieldwork component to this position.Must be able to hike up to 5 miles with some elevation gain while carrying program equipment.
Excellent work environment with a staff of dedicated conservationists and a supportive team of professional environmental educators.
Salary of $14-15/hour commensurate with experience for teaching education programs; plus stipend for summer camps averaging $17.50/hour. Housing is provided during employment duration from March 1 to Dec. 31 with the option to rent in Jan. and Feb. at $400/mo.
How to Apply:
Only hard copy resumes will be accepted, with cover letter and 3 references.
Please submit by February 15, 2017 to:
Director of Education, Mohonk Preserve, P.O. Box 715, New Paltz, NY 12561