Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Seasonal Environmental Educator
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Wednesday, November 30, 2016, 10:00pm
There are currently two vacancies at the Latta Plantation Nature Center in Huntersville, NC. These part-time positions begin in February or March, and end in August with potential extension through September or October. Hours will vary from 20-40 hours per week, moving closer to 40 from May-August. Work schedule will include some evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Develop and present environmental education and outdoor recreation programs to groups of all ages.
- Assist with the care and feeding of exhibit animals
- Assist with the maintenance and operations of a public nature center
- Design and construct educational exhibits and interpretive materials
- Present programs on weekends, evenings, or holidays as assigned.
- Assist with special events, animal care, and other tasks as assigned.
- Qualified applicants must be presently enrolled in, or have a BS/BA degree in one of the following fields: natural/environmental sciences, environmental education, education or related field.
- Applicants must have a strong desire to work with children in an outdoor setting and be able to hike 3-5 miles on unpaved trails.
- Current first aid and CPR certification and knowledge of the flora and fauna of the Piedmont region of North Carolina is preferred.
Position Start Date:
Wednesday, January 18, 2017
How to Apply:
Send your cover letter, resume, and a list of applicable college coursework by fax or e-mail to:
Nature Center Manager, Latta Plantation Nature Center
6211 Sample Road, Huntersville, NC 28078
Phone: (704) 947-3069
Fax: (704) 875-1394