Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Seasonal Environmental Educator (March through October)
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, March 10, 2017, 11:00pm
Position details: March through October, not to exceed 1,000 hours. Part-time schedule (20-30 hrs) in spring and fall, full time (40 hrs) June – Aug. Includes work on weekends, evenings, and holidays. Competitive pay.
- Develop and present summer day camp, environmental education, and outdoor adventure programs to include extensive hiking, canoeing, and more.
- Assist with the care and feeding of exhibit and program animals.
- Assist with customer service duties including answering visitor questions and working the cash register.
- Present programs on weekends, evenings, or holidays as assigned.
- Assist with special events, garden maintenance, and other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications: Qualified applicants must be presently enrolled in, or have a BS/BA degree in one of the following fields: natural/environmental sciences, environmental education, recreation or related field. Applicants must have a strong desire to work with children in an outdoor setting and be able to hike 3-5 miles on unpaved trails. Current first aid and CPR certification and knowledge of the flora and fauna of the Piedmont region of North Carolina is preferred.
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants will be interviewed immediately: Apply Now!
Send your cover letter, resume, and a list of applicable college coursework by fax or e-mail to:
Nature Center Manager, Latta Plantation Nature Center
6211 Sample Road, Huntersville, NC 28078
Phone: (704) 947-3069
Fax: (704) 875-1394