Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Seasonal Naturalist (Community Focus)
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Please view the complete position description linked here.
● Teach inquiry-based on-site, environmental education programs for school-aged children during peak school program months: March-May and September-November.
● Teach environmental education programs for evening and weekend public groups and adults an average of six days per month.
● Assist in the delivery of new curriculum materials for a variety of environmental education programs for school, Scout, youth group, summer and family audiences as needed.
● Assist with special education programs and events such as the Maple Sugaring Festival, Frog Fest, Family Egg Hunt, Trails & Treats, and Handmade for the Holidays as needed.
● Assist with the delivery of Community Outreach Programs.
● Assist with the supervision, training and mentoring of volunteer Interpretive and Teacher Naturalists.
● Assist with the maintenance of equipment for Family and Community education programs.
● Assist with staffing the Visitor Center on weekends approximately one weekend day per quarter.
● Assist in caring for any education animals.
● Teach Nature Journeys summer camps & serve as summer season lifeguard for water-based programs.
● Other duties as assigned.
How to Apply:
We are currently seeking a pool of candidates for this position. Applications will be reviewed as soon as they are received.
Interviews will be conducted as early as September 24th. The position will begin as soon as Monday, October 8th.
To apply: please send a letter of interest, resume and a list of three references in a single document to Cassie Bauer, Family & Community Programs Manager email@example.com