Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Seasonal Outdoor Education Instructor
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Website:Camp Wesley Woods
Do you want to make a lasting difference in someone’s life? Are you passionate about nature and sharing that love with children? Then working at Camp Wesley Woods is for you! Just outside of the Great Smoky Mountain National Park, Camp Wesley Woods runs high-quality outdoor education programming during the fall and spring seasons, for both public and private schools. We are currently hiring enthusiastic instructors to be part of our dynamic team for the spring. The season runs Monday, February 20 through Saturday, May 20, 2017 and includes two weeks of staff training. Salary is $270 to $300 per week, commensurate with experience; onsite lodging and most meals are included.
- Teach standards-based environmental education classes
- Lead high ropes courses, climbing, and challenge courses
- No overnight supervision of students required, but facilitation of some evening activities and programs needed
- Meal-time direction
- Some weekends required
- Experience working with children and adapting programs to various ages
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Comfortable at a Christian facility, as we are a ministry of the United Methodist Church
- Due to the nature of this position’s work with children, applicants will be subject to criminal background checks and motor vehicle record disclosure.
Contact Melissa Hutchinson, Outdoor Education Director, at 865-448-2246 ext 223 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position Start Date:
Monday, February 20, 2017
How to Apply:
Submit cover letter, resume, and at least two professional references to Melissa Hutchinson, Outdoor Education Director:
- by mail at 329 Wesley Woods Rd, Townsend, TN 37882
- by email at email@example.com
Applications will be reviewed as they are received until all positions are filled, but priority will be given to those received by November 30, 2016.
Salary is $270 to $300 per week, commensurate with experience; onsite lodging and most meals are included.