Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Seasonal Park Ranger
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Park Rangers provide visitor services, protect park resources, and enhance use through enforcement, education, maintenance, work on natural resource projects, and assistance with medical and other incidents. Our Rangers wear many different hats and serve as educators, officers, and medics. Because of this, rangers need to exercise good judgment and be flexible and comfortable switching instantly back and forth from low-key situations to highly stressful and challenging situations. Some positions will focus on leading groups of volunteers to build and maintain trails as well as educating groups on the wildlife and surrounding areas; please be certain to list your interest and experience in these areas on your application.
Seasonal Park Rangers will be hired for positions that generally last from 6 to 11 months and range in hours from 16 to 40 hours per week, depending on department needs. Assignments may vary depending on weather and events, and will focus on high use times including nights, holidays, and weekends. All applicants must be able to work nights, holidays and weekends.
The Seasonal Park Ranger position can be physically demanding, working in all weather conditions and standing continuously for long periods of time.
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate
- One year or two seasons of park experience in the following: public relations, natural science, open-space or regulation compliance experience.
- additional appropriate education may be substituted for six months of experience
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Parks and Recreation, Natural Resource Management, Wildlife Management, or a directly related field.
- Previous professional experience in various Park Ranger related duties.
- Possession of current: CPR / First Aid Certification, Wilderness First Aid Certification, Wilderness First Responder Certification, Certified Interpretive Guide (CIG), or Certificate of Park Ranger Technology from an Accredited College
- Proficiency in a second language (Spanish is preferred).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and/or GPS units (to track/document field work).
- Possession of a valid Driver's License at the time of application. License must be kept current as a condition of employment.
- Ability to obtain and maintain Code Enforcement commission and DPR appointment as a Park Ranger. This requires passing additional criminal/background checks.
- CPR/First Aid Certification: at time of application, or it must be obtained within three (3) months of starting the position.
How to Apply:
TO APPLY: all applications need to be submitted online through our jobs site at www.denvergov.org/jobs . Perform a job search for Seasonal Park Ranger and apply directly to the posting or at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/denver/jobs/1609366/seasonal-park-ranger?keywords=park%20rang...