Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Seasonal Part-Time Bike and Boat Adventure Guide 1
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 5:00pm
For almost 50 years, Wildlands Conservancy has been the Lehigh River Watershed’s leading land trust. Our mission is to protect and restore critical areas and waterways and educate the community to create a legacy of a healthy, sustainable environment for future generations. As a part of a dynamic team, you will guide students and the community on the Lehigh River and canal and educate the participants on the importance of being stewards of our natural world.
In this role you will:
• Provide safety guidance and professional leadership on Bike & Boat trips.
• Assist with education components and lessons.
• Support the Director of Community Programs in areas of equipment use, and perform routine and as-needed maintenance to bikes, canoes, trailers, PFD’s, paddles, etc.
• Conduct safety presentations and demonstrations, with humor and confidence.
• Assist with trip logistics.
To be successful you will need:
• Be 18 years of age.
• Previous experience as a river guide and/or with additional relevant trainings or certifications (Wilderness First-Aid/ First Responder, water rescue trainings, bicycle repair and maintenance, etc.).
• Work on a seasonal, part-time, as needed basis with an emphasis on weekends.
• To anticipate and trouble shoot challenging problems.
• Compassion, empathy, patience, and an unwavering sense of humor, while thinking on your feet and communicating with your head.
• To enjoy sharing your passion for adventure with others.
• Ability to physically lift, move, and load canoes and bikes.
• Excellent verbal communication skills - ability to deal professionally with all customers and colleagues.
• To remain calm and confident during potentially stressful situations.
• Knowledge and experience with recreational aquatic activities such as canoeing, kayaking, river snorkeling, and bicycling.
• To attend all Wildlands Conservancy Bike & Boat training sessions.
• Possession of a valid driver’s license.
• Possession of current CPR/ First Aid and AED Certification or willingness to obtain is required.
• Willingness to obtain; Pennsylvania State Police Criminal History Clearance, Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, FBI Criminal History Clearance is required.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion – It is our Nature
Our employees’ and board of directors’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics is what makes us unique. We welcome and invite people to be who they are.
How to Apply:
If you have these qualifications, are energetic, passionate, and want to expand your knowledge of our natural environment, please submit your resume and cover letter telling us why you are the person to join our high performing team. firstname.lastname@example.org